That's a White Sox Winner

9 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I would honestly take all of that over one single inning of milquetoast Len Kasper. And I loathe the nationwide jingle and the Sox math videos.  

Agreed.  Not. A. Fan. Of. Len. Kasper.

• Love 1

Len is easily one of the worst announcers in baseball all time. You go from a baseball guy like Ed farmer to a stat nerd who has a terrible voice and here we are. Just another amazing bad decision by the white Sox. When I’m in the car I’ll turn on the white Sox game, hear his voice and realize it’s him so I have to turn the game off. He’s that bad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MikeKreevich said:

Are you referring to promo-matic?

Having listened to Vince Lloyd, Jack Brickhouse, Harry Caray and Hawk Harrelson, I find Jason lacking.

Do you watch other broadcasts?  What team doesn’t have to do promos and annoying ad reads?  It’s part of the job now.  There are far worse broadcasting duos in MLB (and other sports quite frankly)  than Jason & Stone.  Your lens for comparison isn’t fair. 

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Do you watch other broadcasts?  What team doesn’t have to do promos and annoying ad reads?  It’s part of the job now.  There are far worse broadcasting duos in MLB (and other sports quite frankly)  than Jason & Stone.  Your lens for comparison isn’t fair. 

They’re somewhere in the vicinity of #8-12…from watching a ton of games and listening to most radio feeds as well.

Benetti isn’t as funny and clever as he often thinks he is, and Stone is fine as long as he keeps his ego in check.

They’re a lot better when the games are close or the Sox are playing well, with less forced filler time and fewer opportunities to give in to their tendency to defend every single thing the front office, manager and coaching staff do.

Benetti is arguably better at basketball and football.  He does have a lot of versatility, and a classic announcer’s voice…but sometimes he just needs to be quiet and let the game breathe.  In basketball, the pace of action forces him to do more describing and less joking around, which is a better balance.

18 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Hopefully it’s just taking advantage of getting Grandal DH at bats and more rest early on while other guys are out

It is. But I’m tired of it already. He hasn’t even been that good behind the plate lately.