5/01- White Sox vs Angels, 1:10, CSN, ESPNR

Just now, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

...am I the only one that finds other stuff to do on Kuechel's turn in the rotation?

He is just a gas can with 0 stuff. At least with Velazquez he'll strikeout 7+ hitters when he gives up runs. Keuchel just sucks.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Seriously tho, is McGuire even a good catcher? He’s looked awful back there lately. He’s got a big arm but I’m unimpressed at this point. 

+ 2 DRS, +1.2 frame% 3.0 Defensive WAR.

It's like people forget how bad Zavala and Collins really were. The issue with him is the manager is playing him too much (like Leury) and his bat isn't very good. As a defensive backup catcher, he's been more than fine. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

+ 2 DRS, +1.2 frame% 3.0 Defensive WAR.

It's like people forget how bad Zavala and Collins really were. The issue with him is the manager is playing him too much (like Leury) and his bat isn't very good. As a defensive backup catcher, he's been more than fine. 

Im not pining for more Zavala or Collins. But Reese has to be really good back there to counteract the bat. Certainly hasn’t looked great back there after the first week or so. But yes this is moreso an issue with the clown running this team. 

Edited by ChiSox59

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Im not pining for more Zavala or Collins. But Reese has to be really good back there to counteract the bat. Certainly hasn’t looked great back there after the first week or so. 

That’s why I was wondering yesterday if Carlos Perez might get a shot. If Grandal is gonna catch 1 out of every 3 games, they need a 3rd catcher so they can pinch hit if nothing else.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I would like to thank the Chicago White Sox organization for not giving me a reason to avoid doing work around the house.....yeah thanks alot.

I actually rushed leaf vacuuming and power washing my driveway and sidewalk today to watch this. 

14 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

He is just a gas can with 0 stuff. At least with Velazquez he'll strikeout 7+ hitters when he gives up runs. Keuchel just sucks.

Scary but IIRC he's owed $20 mil for 2023 if he pitches 160 innings this year.