5/01- White Sox vs Angels, 1:10, CSN, ESPNR

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Gave em a finish.

Let's give em more of a start next time, huh.

I blame this loss on Rick Hahn for not signing Tepera....run outta bullpen $$??

Finish will ultimately mean nothing but another loss. Team will come out flat and lifeless again tomorrow. Sadly the Twins are probably better. 

The long delay between the 8th and 9th (long ass Top of 9) really impacted Lorenzen, IMO.  But it was nice to see the Sox battle back.

Maddon should have had Tepara warming to start the 9th, saved Iglesias for an actual save situation (tomorrow, or if necessary today). Closers seem to shit the bed with a 4 + run lead.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I missed the whole game, but nice to see the awesome combo of Grandal and McGuire go hitless.  This team freaking sucks.

The offense finally waking up for an inning wasn’t enough to overcome Keuchel and some bad D.  There is something very wrong with this team. 

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

No moral victories 

True, but the pressure the Sox put on the Angels bullpen in the 9th could theoretically lead to a Sox win tomorrow. I’d just prefer the Sox score 6 in the first inning and Cease dominate. 

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox didn't need schwarber or castellanos because they had sheets lol

You can't make that shit up

Sounds like there was an at least one if not two questionable plays in RF as well...which you clearly wouldn't expect when you're writing out the starting lineup.

"The money will be spent/was spent."

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

This. Bad teams love moral victories and find various ways to lose. 

I thought the moral victory celebrations ended when the rebuild ended in 2019. Agreed.......no moral victories, not acceptable 

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox didn't need schwarber or castellanos because they had sheets lol

You can't make that shit up

Yes you can, because that’s EXACTLY what the Sox did. They made up a narrative that was bullshit from the jump, and now it’s coming back and costing them W’s

This organization deserves everything it’s getting right now. 

• Fire 2

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

Yes you can, because that’s EXACTLY what the Sox did. They made up a narrative that was bullshit from the jump, and now it’s coming back and costing them W’s

This FO isn't dumb. They were hoping the SP and bullpen would mask a lot of the offensive and defensive flaws. They were also hoping the weak division would inflate the record. We have a good team but not a special one at this point. 

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This FO isn't dumb. They were hoping the SP and bullpen would mask a lot of the offensive and defensive flaws. They were also hoping the weak division would inflate the record. We have a good team but not a special one at this point. 

I don’t know if this is supposed to be defending the FO or not. 

And right now the Sox aren’t anywhere close to a good team. You are what your record is.

Maybe they become a good team when everyone is healthy, but we’ve seen that this is a collection of players that doesn’t really stay healthy.  

You can believe anything you want. It’s a flawed roster that can’t hit RHP, which we knew last year, the FO did NOTHING to address it and guess what…..it’s coming back to bite them. 

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Rick Hahn 627-748 .456

"You are what your record says you are."

- Bill Parcels

Organizations win championships according to the owner so Reinsdorf is 627-748 over the same period of time.

If CWS was publicly traded, Reinsdorf would have been gone ages ago.

Edited by GradMc

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Sorry, but this in bold is totally unacceptable to me. This organization - and it’s players - did not deserve to have all of these injuries. Part of the losing is that. Should Harrison and Garcia and Pollock be contributing more? Sure. 

I think people really need to cool it with rushing to some broad sweeping conclusion about the entire team and organization and rebuild arc. Good teams do go through bad stretches sometimes lasting 15-20 games. The jury is still out. 

yes the team on the field is not playing good baseball right now, but in no way was this organization off in assembling the major pieces of this team. If they get fully healthy by June 1, I still think they win no less than 85 games. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Sorry, but this in bold is totally unacceptable to me. This organization - and it’s players - did not deserve to have all of these injuries. Part of the losing is that. Should Harrison and Garcia and Pollock be contributing more? Sure. 

I think people really need to cool it with rushing to some broad sweeping conclusion about the entire team and organization and rebuild arc. Good teams do go through bad stretches sometimes lasting 15-20 games. The jury is still out. 

yes the team on the field is not playing good baseball right now, but in no way was this organization off in assembling the major pieces of this team. If they get fully healthy by June 1, I still think they win no less than 85 games. 

I’m sorry you find it “totally unacceptable.”

You know what I find totally unacceptable?

Having a GM for the last decade that still hasn’t won a playoff series. 

Having a GM show zero interest in bringing back one of their best performing pitchers last year, and replace him with Vince Velasquez.

Having s GM be fully aware he built a lineup that isn’t capable to hitting RHP, and doing nothing to address it in the offseason. 

Having a FO take their Opening Day starter to arbitration over $50,000.

Having ownership dig LaRussa out of the ground to manage the team.

Sorry, I’m not going to “cool it.”

Deal with it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1