Time to Sacrifice Dallas

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He said the next month and posted it on 5/6 so the games in May prior to that don't count. Count 5/6-6/6.

Fine.

I've never seen anyone count chunks or increments of games like that (wow, we can argue 28/29 days versus 31 constitutes a month, too!!), but sure, that very conveniently includes a series with the Blue Jays at the end of the "easy stretch."

The thing is, I'm 98% sure he didn't even look at the schedule at all and simply assumed the Twins were due to collapse.

I'll state for the record that I will still be shocked if they don't play at least .500 baseball during this upcoming Ptac-defined stretch of games.

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Fine.

I've never seen anyone count chunks or increments of games like that (wow, we can argue 28/29 days versus 31 constitutes a month, too!!), but sure, that very conveniently includes a series with the Blue Jays at the end of the "easy stretch."

The thing is, I'm 98% sure he didn't even look at the schedule at all and simply assumed the Twins were due to collapse.

I'll state for the record that I will still be shocked if they don't play at least .500 baseball during this upcoming Ptac-defined stretch of games.

Its not my defined stretch if games. Its what he said. If you are going to call him on it be accurate. 

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Its not my defined stretch if games. Its what he said. If you are going to call him on it be accurate. 

So if he said "over the next month," for example, would that be the same stretch?   If he said "the next month" after May 15th (as opposed to one week in), would he THEN be referring to June instead of including May?

20 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So if he said "over the next month," for example, would that be the same stretch?   If he said "the next month" after May 15th (as opposed to one week in), would he THEN be referring to June instead of including May?

He commented over the next month on 5/6. To me it begins when he said it . He didn't say in the Month of May, he didn't say during the typical increments that most people measure baseball.

When my friends and I make bets its accuracy that matters.

You can do whatever you want.

53 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Fine.

If you want to get really picky, you could interpret it as the "next month" from May 5th so it would be the games during the month of June. June is the next month after May. 😁

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If you want to get really picky, you could interpret it as the "next month" from May 5th so it would be the games during the month of June. June is the next month after May. 😁

I can just imagine if this was an unofficially official Ron ban bet or Greg775 house bet that we'd have to go to a special mediator/arbitrator to adjudicate the meaning/intent.

Maybe the poster would care to clarify?   It certainly would be bold to end it as of the last day of May....kind of like Jerksticks predicting 109 White Sox victories this season, which would make the tail end of 1983 for the Winnin' Ugly Sox look like a bit of a slump.

Edited by caulfield12

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I can just imagine if this was an unofficially official Ron ban bet or Greg775 house bet that we'd have to go to a special mediator/arbitrator to adjudicate the meaning/intent.

Maybe the poster would care to clarify?   It certainly would be bold to end it as of the last day of May....kind of like Jerksticks predicting 109 White Sox victories this season, which would make the tail end of 1983 for the Winnin' Ugly Sox look like a bit of a slump.

Don't put it on him. I'm just messing with you. Its me being the pain in the rear end not him.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I saw this on another forum, but I don't think they can DFA Keuchel. There was something that in the CBA if you DFA a player before their vesting option kicks in, the team is on the hook for said option. 

I have no way to confirm or deny but Keuchel will probably be on the roster all season if that's the case. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Guys, I saw this on another forum, but I don't think they can DFA Keuchel. There was something that in the CBA if you DFA a player before their vesting option kicks in, the team is on the hook for said option. 

I have no way to confirm or deny but Keuchel will probably be on the roster all season if that's the case. 

This doesn't seem right

21 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That doesn't sound right at all. And even so, no way that option kicks in even if he makes every scheduled start (he won't).

39 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If that was true Bruce Levine would have told us all MONTHS ago. [green]

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23603885/boston-red-sox-designate-hanley-ramirez-assignment-activate-dustin-pedroia

Ramirez has an option on his contract worth $22 million for 2019 that would vest if he reaches 497 plate appearances this season. He has 195 plate appearances so far this season. If the Red Sox release him, the vesting option will no longer be in play.

Perhaps there was something in the new CBA, but I don't see how that could apply to contracts signed before then.