5/2-Angels vs Sox 1:10 Central Start, Series Finale

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Did Engel lose all his power?  His swing looks so slow this year.

Yea, he was really showing signs of being productive at the plate, but couldn't stay healthy . now he's healthy, but can't hit at all . really sucks, as i'm a big fan of his defense.

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

So, we're officially at the point now where Cease was the bigger regret for the Cubs of the Quintana trade, yeah?

Oh yeah.....

At the time of the trade, Cease was in A+ and not a top 100 prospect though. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am just glad their hitting coach finally decided to tell the fellas it was OK to take a walk.

He told them that a week ago. There was an article on the Athletic where Menechino said that being patient and waiting for their pitch was the way to get out of it. 

https://theathletic.com/3269157/2022/04/25/white-sox-seek-patience-to-reverse-offensive-slump-if-youre-not-taking-your-walks-youre-falling-into-their-plan/

Menechino isn't the problem, it's the players themselves. He's got an entire lineup of headcases. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Also for the record, THIS is why you let Dylan Cease have extreme ups and a LOT of downs over his first few years.  The arm was always there, but learning HOW to pitch (not throw) can take a while.

I'll admit that I didn't have a lot of faith that he would put it together, but holy hell does it look like he has.  He is stellar today.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Also for the record, THIS is why you let Dylan Cease have extreme ups and a LOT of downs over his first few years.  The arm was always there, but learning HOW to pitch (not throw) can take a while.

Yeah I was guilty of impatience there. I didn't have faith that he'd put it together. He used to be a gopher ball machine. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Whose fucking idea was it to start Sheets vs a LHP? 

I'm not as down on Sheets as most of the board as the strong side of a platoon. 

Sheets at 1B/DH vs RHP/Engel in RF vs LHP should be a thing. 

Edited by Jack Parkman