5/2-Angels vs Sox 1:10 Central Start, Series Finale

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Definitely an argument to be made, I still feel like Burger has WAY more value though. Not like we're hitting from EITHER side very well, so Burger's position flexibility over Gavin's, probably would win out to me. Leury needs to be the middle infield utility guy, let Jake have 3rd and emergency others.

It might be more valuable in the long run to give Jake consistent at bats in Charlotte as opposed to him riding the bench for the most part when Yoan is back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

It might be more valuable in the long run to give Jake consistent at bats in Charlotte as opposed to him riding the bench for the most part when Yoan is back.

Burger is 26, he kind of is what he is. 

Same with Sheets. 

Both have shown the ability to hit for power but the LH bat vs RHP is more needed. Maybe re-evaluate in June if Gavin is still scuffling. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Same with Sheets. 

I think Sheets is what he is.

Burger lost so much time to injury that I don't agree with that about him....yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Burger really isn't either. 

I mean Burger has two bombs compared to Sheets with one (which was in garbage time).  Sheets needs to driving in more runs since he's getting the lion share of ABs with all the RHP the Sox have been facing.

Burger lost so much time to injury that I don't agree with that about him....yet.

Burger at least can play 3B when Moncada needs a day off, thus avoiding Leury playing there. Plus, sending Sheets down avoids Tony sticking him in LF where he doesn't belong.

Yep, exactly. We're talking a guy who has lived on the IL, but has a lot more value over 'being left handed'. We already have Gavin Sheets on the roster, 100%, with the exception of which side of the plate he swings from.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Pollock continues to suck they're stuck with him for another season. Instead, they could have just declined Kimbrel's option and signed Pederson. 

He looks just awful at the plate. No balance or bat speed.

Just now, fathom said:

He looks just awful at the plate. No balance or bat speed.

I wonder if the 1.5 weeks off just absolutely fucked with his timing. He was killing the ball the first 2 games. 

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Same with Sheets. 

Both have shown the ability to hit for power but the LH bat vs RHP is more needed. Maybe re-evaluate in June if Gavin is still scuffling. 

Burger has less than a full season in the MLB. He is not what he will be.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1