Robinson Cano

Buehrle>Wood

He would be tied for 6th on the team in walks currently.. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that stat.

He's left handed and he's Moncada's idol. That's literally the only 2 things he has going for him at this point. But hey, if this means less Leury, less Reese McGuire and less Harrison, then fuck it, stick him in the DH spot. :lol:

How does his money situation work?  Obviously no one will trade for him with the money he's owed.  So if he ends up just being released, the Mets pay his salary, right?  Then a team can sign him?

Just now, hogan873 said:

How does his money situation work?  Obviously no one will trade for him with the money he's owed.  So if he ends up just being released, the Mets pay his salary, right?  Then a team can sign him?

If he clears waivers, which at that salary is 100% going to happen, he can sign with any team he wants. That team pays only the veteran minimum and the Mets pay the rest.

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

Correct. Once he becomes a free agent, he signs for league minimum. 

Pujols was traded last year, though I think the Angels paid all but league minimum in that deal so they could get something back for him. 

He'll be signed by someone for sure.  I don't see the Sox doing so, more out of stubbornness and sticking with Harrison, Leury, and Sheets.  I don't think he's as bad as his stats are right now, but he's obviously not the guy he used to be.  However, even half the guy he used to be would be better than a few of the guys we have now.

As I posted yesterday, it is worth a shot for 30 days to see what he can do  since hopefully the warmer weather will be coming. My only concern is that he doesn't take away DH at bats from Vaughn. Limited financials involved and a good clubhouse guy. Absolutely worth a shot

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

As I posted yesterday, it is worth a shot for 30 days to see what he can do  since hopefully the warmer weather will be coming. My only concern is that he doesn't take away DH at bats from Vaughn. Limited financials involved and a good clubhouse guy. Absolutely worth a shot

Plus if Cano sucks, he can be released and added to the banner or just replace Ashe altogether if Cody's magic wears out.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

2 PED suspensions. 39 years old. Pretty obvious he can't play anymore without the juice, and that's in his mind. It would be taking ABs away from Harrision and Leury, so it makes it somewhat plausible, but chances are this guy is toast.

Harrison has been hitting better the last couple weeks. Want to see a larger sample size from him before considering other options. If nothing else he's very good defensively.

If he could still play passable defense at 2B, I'd take a chance on him for the min.  But he can't.

I'd give him a milb deal and let him try to get the bat going in Charlotte purely as a depth play.  But I wouldn't give him an mlb job right off the bat.  Yolbert should get a shot before Cano.  

That being said, this feels very White Soxy, so I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.  In fact, I mentioned in right away in the roster cuts thread yesterday when the dfa news came out. 

6 hours ago, wegner said:

Plus if Cano sucks, he can be released and added to the banner or just replace Ashe altogether if Cody's magic wears out.

That outfielder who came over from the Cards (always hurt) hailing from Hahn's suburban high school might actually be more deserving than Asche. 

Or AJ Reed, perhaps.

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That outfielder who came over from the Cards (always hurt) hailing from Hahn's suburban high school might actually be more deserving than Asche. 

Or AJ Reed, perhaps.

Depending on how bad it gets, could go with Jose Paniagua.