Robinson Cano

Buehrle>Wood

On 5/2/2022 at 10:47 PM, Buehrle>Wood said:

It's going to happen, right?

Hell no. One of the major priorities in the off season for both pre and post lockout was to get a top level 2nd baseman and the Sox failed to do that. Cano is 39 year old washed up 2nd baseman and is not the answer. There is a reason the Mets owner, who has the 2nd highest payroll in MLB and isn't afraid to spend money, is eating 44 million. Even if we got him at the league minimum, he would be wasted money. More importantly, he would be taking a roster spot away from a younger player who would be sent down.

We are already suck with Harrison and Garcia. Additionally we also have Yolbert Sanchez in the minors who killed it at Birmingham and is now killing it at Charlotte. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Hell no. One of the major priorities in the off season for both pre and post lockout was to get a top level 2nd baseman and the Sox failed to do that. Cano is 39 year old washed up 2nd baseman and is not the answer. There is a reason the Mets owner, who has the 2nd highest payroll in MLB and isn't afraid to spend money, is eating 44 million. Even if we got him at the league minimum, he would be wasted money. More importantly, he would be taking a roster spot away from a younger player who would be sent down.

We are already suck with Harrison and Garcia. Additionally we also have Yolbert Sanchez in the minors who killed it at Birmingham and is now killing it at Charlotte. 

I can't tell if you're directing that towards me or not but I was not saying I want him.

5 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I can't tell if you're directing that towards me or not but I was not saying I want him.

My apology and my bad as it was mistakenly posted twice. It wasn't against you so much, as I was just me responding to the post and why I thought it wouldn't happen. The first post was a mistake.

One option could be to sign him, tell him (whisper it) hey, go ahead and do what you need to do to be good.

Then I mean how long until those tests even happen? Then the results comeback?

The guy is 39, maybe we get a few weeks out of it, could be a good bridge. So basically the plan is sign Cano with the explicit understanding he roids up, and hope we get a few weeks out of it.

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

One option could be to sign him, tell him (whisper it) hey, go ahead and do what you need to do to be good.

Then I mean how long until those tests even happen? Then the results comeback?

The guy is 39, maybe we get a few weeks out of it, could be a good bridge. So basically the plan is sign Cano with the explicit understanding he roids up, and hope we get a few weeks out of it.

This post actually made me laugh.  Now that'd be entertaining.

Get him whatever Courtney Hawkins is taking.  Saw a picture of that dude yesterday on twitter and he looks like a roided up body builder. 

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Get him whatever Courtney Hawkins is taking.  Saw a picture of that dude yesterday on twitter and he looks like a roided up body builder. 

The league might get suspicious when he strides to the plate, bursting out of his jersey, using Leury as a bat.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I saw that pic too.  Like, damn dude.