Crosstown Series Game Two--6:40 CT

Just now, ptatc said:

Interesting. I consider Grandal a pretty good hitter.

I'm trying to think of a batter on the team with a better approach at the plate. I'm confident he'll come around. 

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With Vaughn out, you pretty much have to put Sheets in.

The choices become 2 out of 3 of Leury, Harrison, and Burger.

Right.  And my guess is Burger is hurting today.  Sucky lineup, but that's what we're dealing until AV and Yoan are in it. 

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I wanted to make a “Leury Legend & The Slap Factory” last year when Tony would string Garcia, Hamilton, & Madrigal together but lacked the artistic talent to do such a thing.

Send the idea to @SnarkBuehrle on twitter.  She'll spin something up.   Some of my favorite hoodies came from her.  The Jimmy Muscles one from a couple years back is elite, as is the TA pasta one.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Boooo.  Yaz isn't going to hit .280, but he'll definitely come around.  

Yaz has showed us he is streaky and supposedly his knee is starting to feel better.  LIke so many of these guys, he will probably warm up with the weather.  Just need pitching to keep us in games for the time being.

Just now, wegner said:

Yaz has showed us he is streaky and supposedly his knee is starting to feel better.  LIke so many of these guys, he will probably warm up with the weather.  Just need pitching to keep us in games for the time being.

I admittedly just love Yaz, but I agree.  He's going to start barreling the ball and making more contact.  He didn't forget to hit over the winter.  Dude was a hit machine after his surgery last year when healthy.  The club needs Yaz to be playing well; he adds so many things we suck balls at.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Send the idea to @SnarkBuehrle on twitter.  She'll spin something up.   Some of my favorite hoodies came from her.  The Jimmy Muscles one from a couple years back is elite, as is the TA pasta one.  

Just looked her up.  Looks like some outstanding stuff.  Thanks.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Jerry McNertney said:

This should be another tough game for the White Sox. When on his game, Hendricks can be tricky. Going into the series I would have been satisfied with a split, so this game is gravy.

Nothing quite like winning that first game of a series. 

2 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

This should be another tough game for the White Sox. When on his game, Hendricks can be tricky. Going into the series I would have been satisfied with a split, so this game is gravy.

Cubs are looking pretty dang spicy this year, eh Jerry?  

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

I thought he is hurting. Aren't they waiting for his hand to heal?

They are, but we’re basically at the point where he could have hit the IL and another bar could have been used. No idea why were so against actually using the IL for lingering issues.

1 minute ago, FoxForce2 said:

Robert is starting - why not yesterday?

TLR said rest; didnt want to play 6 in a row after an injury.  Dumb, but....honestly, having gotten thru it with a W, I'll take it considering the weather.  

9 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

They are, but we’re basically at the point where he could have hit the IL and another bar could have been used. No idea why were so against actually using the IL for lingering issues.

What bat tho?  There aren't any bats worth bringing up and actually playing, other than Moncada and he wasn't ready.  Sounds like AV may hit the IL Fri tho, so Yoan should be back. 

Edited by ChiSox59

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

That's why I said depending on your setup. It would if you use MLB.tv

I use Youtube.TV and it checks your location to determine what regional channels to pull up. 

I used to watch the Sox on youtubetv . i entered a Chicago zip code when i joined and it worked fine, until they forced me to change my location . i'm not even in the blackout area, and i called youtube but they were no help at all . i do use VPN to watch the games on mlb.com, but when i tried signing into youtube using that, there was a message that said turn off my VPN.