Yermin Mercedes off the IL

elrockinMT

If i remember correctly Miami was interested in him briefly even before his first run with the Sox. I still think they line up great for a trade whether that be Pablo Lopez, Trevor Rogers or Eleiser Hernandez. Obviously can't be inside the head of Ng, but would think they will trade someone from their rotation for some bats in near future. 

Before someone here gets way too upset, I am not saying Mercedes as a centerpiece, nor do I think we have any centerpieces to be able to land the former two, however Brian Anderson (their 3b) is in arb 2 this year. Next year is his final. Garrett Cooper is in the same position. Aguilar is in his last year. 

They basically have 4 solid pitchers who could conceivably be ready in AAA and a full rotation. Something has to break and have no real bats at the ready. 

If I'm Miami I'm not very impressed with Sheets/Burger -- kind of seem like Anderson/Cooper part deux with more control ... but you never know. Mercedes could be a throw-in? Think it's reasonable that lands Eleiser perhaps ... 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yermin Mercedes off the IL
5 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

It would certainly appear that the only Avenue to the bigs is the DH role for Yermin. No argument that he is a good hitter. Catchers are always in demand but I don’t see him as more than a backup 

I would be insanely shocked if Yermin ever saw Chicago again with the Sox.  Let's just start off with how many other 1B we have on the roster, but that bridge is toast.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would be insanely shocked if Yermin ever saw Chicago again with the Sox.  Let's just start off with how many other 1B we have on the roster, but that bridge is toast.

Between TLR driving the team bus over him and Yermin utterly failing to adjust after his hot start, I don't think we'll see him in Chicago again either.  Unless they cut him loose and he happens to latch on somewhere as a part time DH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Between TLR driving the team bus over him and Yermin utterly failing to adjust after his hot start, I don't think we'll see him in Chicago again either.  Unless they cut him loose and he happens to latch on somewhere as a part time DH.

And his whole "I quit, no I don't, but trade me" routine too. 

• Like 4

On 5/6/2022 at 4:13 AM, ChiSox59 said:

Crazy to me this man has survived this long on the 40 man, but i wish him well. Hope he rakes down in Charlotte: 

The only reason he's on the 40 man is because Tony called him out for swinging on the 0-3 pitch and he wants to make it up to him, because the team especially TA was behind Yermin.  This is Tony's way of proving to the team that he's a players manager.

Get rid of the bum if you can't unload him as a DH to some team looking for some new jewelry.  The Sox have enough players on the team that should be DH'ing and we certainly don't need another.