Sox vs Sawx Game One-6:00 CT

Getting this thread out there extra early. Let's get this streak up to 4 games tonight. Boston has a worse record than we do at 10-16 and they've lost the last 2. 

VV pitching for our Sox coming off a strong outing, hopefully that continues. Won't be a walk in the park for our bats as their Sox are throwing Eovaldi out there. 

Game tonight is on Apple TV, as far as I understand it, all you need to do is create an account, but to watch should be free. You do not need to subscribe to apple tv plus. Hopefully we get a better broadcast than the last game...

LET'S GOOOOO 

Edited by ScooterMcGuire
  • Like 3
  • Fire 2

4 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Considering the White Sox starters for the first two games, winning one of the three games against Boston will be satisfactory.

I thought it was just VV announced for game 1 and the other two are TBD?

Edit: checked and that's correct. With the day off they could skip Keuchel and keep everyone on regular rest.

Edited by Spumoni

4 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

I thought it was just VV announced for game 1 and the other two are TBD?

ESPN has Keuchel and Cease listed as the probable starters on Sat & Sun.  VV & Keuchel back to back might as well be punting the series. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Considering the White Sox starters for the first two games, winning one of the three games against Boston will be satisfactory.

I think we get 2.  Eovaldi is tough but Red Sox bullpen is poor. Warning could be rain issues tonight although it may hold off till later in evening. 

15 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Going to game in Boston today.

Lets get it!!!!

If you have never been, great place for atmosphere before and after.  Really pricey all-around but hopefully you scored free tics if you live in New England

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Just keep this bit up.  It worked out great for the Sox at Wrigley where they were lucky to get one, per you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

48 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

ESPN has Keuchel and Cease listed as the probable starters on Sat & Sun.  VV & Keuchel back to back might as well be punting the series. 

You do not start DK tomorrow. We are under .500 and need to get hot ASAP. We had an off day so just skip him and replace him next week. 

I despise everything Red Sox including their fans  I'd rather beat them than the Cubs, 2 out of 3 would be great but with the pitching matchups, I only feel good about Sunday.  BTW, that goes for the Bruins and the Pats, Celtics and NBA, couldn't care less. 

10 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

You do not start DK tomorrow. We are under .500 and need to get hot ASAP. We had an off day so just skip him and replace him next week. 

Yep.  Writing is on the wall, we cannot afford to let him get shelled yet again.  Gotta go the way of Danks sooner than later

1 hour ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Yep it's lucky we got away from Wrigley with a win....no wait oh yeah we swept that series.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Yep it's lucky we got away from Wrigley with a win....no wait oh yeah we swept that series.

For real.  I don't care who we throw out there to pitch, losing a series to a 10-16 team is not "satisfactory".

20 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

Yep.  Writing is on the wall, we cannot afford to let him get shelled yet again.  Gotta go the way of Danks sooner than later

I wouldn't DFA him yet. I would Reylo him at first. He would start with mop up duty and if he starts pitching better, then more bullpen action in lower leverage situations. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

I wouldn't DFA him yet. I would Reylo him at first. He would start with mop up duty and if he starts pitching better, then more bullpen action in lower leverage situations. 

I could deal with the idea of using him as an opener and then handing over to long relief.  He can usually muddle his way the first time through the lineup, but at this point we shouldn't let anyone see him twice.  

14 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Exactly.  All the people calling for Dallas to be DFA'd/released are being short sighted.  I fucking hate the guy and would love to punt him if we could.  But we just don't have the luxury.  Even if you want to assume Lance is healthy for the rest of the season upon return, and Gio, and Cease remain healthy....we still have to deal with Kopech rest down the road.  We still need to deal with the fact that all of Lance, Gio and Cease are unlikely to take every turn the rest of the way.  We also need to deal with the fact that VV probably isn't any good. 

Keuchel sucks and shouldn't be starting games for a team trying to win a WS, but the reality is he is one of the best 5 options right now, and there probably will be other periods this season where that also holds true.  Respectfully, Wes Benjamin or Davis Martin are unlikely to match Dallas shitty performance.  The Sox have no interesting arms in the upper minors.  Lambert and Stiever are hurt, and McClure has been awful in aaa.  Cueto may never make it to Chicago, and if he does, he's certainly no guarantee to be better than what we've received from Dallas.   

I'd swap ReyLo and Keuchel's roles myself - certainly once we get Kelly, but I wouldn't punt Keuchel off the roster just yet. 

Edited by ChiSox59

51 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I don't think they will yet. With the shortened spring training and the desire to keep Kopech's innings down, I think they go through May before they start skipping the 5th starter. Then they have Lynn to replace him and maybe Cueto.

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

If you have never been, great place for atmosphere before and after.  Really pricey all-around but hopefully you scored free tics if you live in New England

Totally disagree, it's a total sh^t barn and absolute joke of a field, from the dimensions to the wall ... might as well have a clown's mouth target for a free steak and a windmill... The seats in most of the bleachers don't even face the field. Fans are mostly obnoxious drunk hockey fans. Place sucks, as do the Sawx.

Edited by shago
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, shago said:

Totally disagree, it's a total sh^t barn and absolute joke of a field, from the dimensions to the wall ... might as well have a clown's mouth target for a free steak and a windmill... The seats in most of the bleachers don't even face the field. Fans are mostly obnoxious drunk hockey fans. Place sucks, as do the Sawx.

But how do you REALLY feel?

• Haha 1