Battle of the Sox's--Game Two, 3:10 CT

5 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Something has to be done with this roster. Too many guys who can't work a count and just get on base. Burger, Sheets and Grandal are bringing nothing. 

Burger is at least playing an adequate third and holding his own for someone basically in indie ball just a couple of years ago.

Look forward to how this offense looks on the next homestand, our first series OF THE SEASON with game time temps over 65.  I know the cold is a shitty excuse but I just can't help to think these dudes are sick and tired of being cold every damn game.  For anyone who has played baseball, playing in the cold, especially hitting, fucking sucks.  It's not fun, the ball doesn't carry, and the wind/dryness makes your eyes water while waiting for a pitch.  

3 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

When do we accept that this is just who they are? I’m tired of the “warm weather” narrative, won’t the other teams also hit better in warmer weather? 

Other teams have been in warm weather.  It's different just visiting town and you run into a cold series than it is every damn game, a month into the season, has been cold.  These dudes have been given zero opportunity to loosen up over the course of a warm weather series.

Just now, fathom said:

Should it be concerning he’s getting the barrel to it and still is getting no distance on it

It's only based on exit velo and launch angle. They don't care what distance it is. On a day like today with the wind blowing in, none of the barrels that have >30 launch angle are gonna go that far unless you have a EV above 110. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

It's only based on exit velo and launch angle. They don't care what distance it is. On a day like today with the wind blowing in, none of the barrels that have >30 launch angle are gonna go that far unless you have a EV above 110. 

Or you hit it off that stupid left field wall.