How Unconcerned Should We Be?

asindc

35 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What does any of this have to do with Jack saying the 2022 White Sox are the 2021 Guardians?

You fail to see how Austin Hedges playing in the NL West a couple of years ago is relevant? Lol, what the hell is wrong with you?

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What does any of this have to do with Jack saying the 2022 White Sox are the 2021 Guardians?

Because the 2021 Guardians or Indians or whatever we now retroactively call them had nearly every single starting pitcher injured.

It makes little to no sense as a comp.  

We have Lynn basically out for two months.

The two situations are nothing alike. Look at the full list of all the starters used by CLE last year.

And nobody came into 2021 expecting the Indians to make the postseason, let  alone advance to the ALCS or World Series.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Because the 2021 Guardians had nearly every single starting pitcher injured.

It makes little to no sense.  

We have Lynn basically out for two months.

The two situations are nothing alike.

Nobody came into 2021 expecting the Indians to make the postseason, let  alone advance to the ALCS or World Series.

Pal, did you even read the post you responded to?

I was responding to Jack as to why him comparing the 2022 White Sox to the 2021 Guardians made no sense. Now you're telling me the situations are nothing alike. Sheesh.

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

You fail to see how Austin Hedges playing in the NL West a couple of years ago is relevant? Lol, what the hell is wrong with you?

Well if you gave TLR that same team they would be nowhere close to .500.

Francona is one of the best managers in the game on a yearly basis.

Obviously he wasn't around last year when things got away from them in the second half.

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Pal, did you even read the post you responded to?

I was responding to Jack as to why him comparing the 2022 White Sox to the 2021 Guardians made no sense. Now you're telling me the situations are nothing alike. Sheesh.

I was secretly asked by the mods to put up a post to encourage more likes/laughs for other posters because there weren't enough generated during the long losing streak.

More likes equals more traffic, more traffic means they can sell the site for even more than Truth Social.

Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

LOL Jack, this is always your problem. Ready to jump off the ledge when things are bad, proclaiming you knew this was coming and then being all-in on the "badness."

Then when they start playing well, you don't do the opposite. It's really nonsense.

1. Comparing them to Cleveland last year? Cleveland was 22nd in all of baseball in pitching WAR last year. The White Sox, without Lance Lynn, have the 7th highest pitcher fWAR in baseball in 2022. 

2. Did I miss Tim Anderson, Luis Robert, Jose Abreu, Moncada, and Vaughn in Cleveland's lineup last year? White Sox have 4 regulars over 114 wRC+ without Moncada despite the slow start. Cleveland only had two hitters all last year who played over 100 games with a wRC+ over 100. Comparing the bad Cleveland offense to the Sox this year is absurd.

I'll take the Sox over 84 wins for whatever you want to bet. 

Who do they have besides those guys outside of Grandal, who seems to be battling a gimpy knee? 

Also, I will not expect anything from Vaughn the rest of the season until he proves that his wrist is ok. 

23 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I was secretly asked by the mods to put up a post to encourage more likes/laughs for other posters because there weren't enough generated during the long losing streak.

More likes equals more traffic, more traffic means they can sell the site for even more than Truth Social.

You have officially lost your mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Can we still call them the Indians if we are talking about the past or no?

Good question.

Balta might go off on you...but I'm not sure how we are supposed to recall their past conversationally?  The Cleveland Baseball Team? Cleveland of the American League?

After a little research, not even sure we can even call them Cleveland, either.

"At Buffalo, a delegation from the nearby Mohawk and Seneca tribes opposed the party's entrance into the Western Reserve, claiming it as their territory, but they waived their rights on the receipt of goods valued at $1,200. The expedition then coasted along the shore of Lake Erie and landed at the mouth of Conneaut Creek on July 4, 1796, which they named Port Independence. Nearby Native Americans were upset at the encroachment on their land, but they were appeased with gifts of beads and whiskey and allowed the surveys to proceed.[1]: 11 

General Cleaveland coasted along the shore with a surveying party and landed at the mouth of the Cuyahoga River on July 22, 1796. He ascended the bank and determined that the spot was a favorable site for a city, with the river on the west and Lake Erie on the north.[1]: 12  He had it surveyed into town lots, and the employees named the place Cleaveland in his honor. There were four settlers the first year, and growth was slow initially, reaching only 150 inhabitants in 1820.[1]: 12  Cleaveland went home to Connecticut after the 1796 expedition and never returned to Ohio or the city that bears his name.[citation needed] He died in Canterbury, Connecticut, where he is also buried, but a statue of him stands in the Cleveland Public Square.[1]: 13 

The settlement of "Cleaveland" eventually became known as "Cleveland". One theory is that Cleaveland's surveying party misspelled the name on their original map.[3] More than likely though, the story goes back to the Cleveland Advertiser, a local paper in the early 1800s.[4] They could not fit the words “Cleaveland Advertiser” on their masthead, so they dropped the extra “a” to make room and the name stuck.[5]"

source: wikipedia

Edited by caulfield12

14 hours ago, tray said:

A few posters here routinely castigate  the WSox organization from top to bottom claiming inferior ownership and management and a  failed franchise.

Meanwhile, the last  series instant the Cubs and BoSox provided a  few counterpoints for those willing to notice.

tray, would you like to go over these counterpoints right now? 

• Haha 1

https://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/team/_/view/fielding/table/fielding/sort/errors/dir/desc

We're tied with the Pirates for most errors in the majors and lowest fielding percentage.

Basically, the Top 6 (or bottom, if you look at it that way) along with the White Sox are ALL pretty bad teams, in general.

Additionally, you have the Diamondbacks, Athletics, Nationals, Orioles and Rockies.  None of those teams are going to make the post-season.

12 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Josh Naylor not being good enough to hold down a starting spot in SD is certainly affecting the White Sox right now.

3 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Collapses like that are exactly why we should be concerned. The win streak was nice but we were hardly playing world class ball and giving up 6 in the 9th yesterday was just shameful.

This unraveling came all to easily and is why the win streak didn’t inspire much confidence that they had solved their issues.  I don’t mean to be overly hyperbolic but when one mistake snowballs and leads to the comedy of errors we saw last night, something might be deeply wrong with a team.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

This unraveling came all to easily and is why the win streak didn’t inspire much confidence that they had solved their issues.  I don’t mean to be overly hyperbolic but when one mistake snowballs and leads to the comedy of errors we saw last night, something might be deeply wrong with a team.  

Possibly off the field issues or internal issues with the front office and TLR?

Edited by maloney.adam