Moncada to be back on Monday

CentralChamps21

Moving forward, I'd hit Moncada second, Robert 3rd cuz avoid the double-play, but I think Jose is pretty attached to hitting 3rd.  Gonna be good to have Yo back.  On a different note, does "great frame of mind" ring any alarm bells with anyone else?

This will move Pollock down to 6th, where his struggles might not hurt as much. I think this is the best lineup moving forward

1. SS Anderson

2. 3B Moncada (S)

3. 1B Abreu 

4. CF Robert

5. C Grandal (S)

6. LF Pollock 

7. DH Sheets (L)

8. RF Engel 

9. 2B Garcia (S)

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

This will move Pollock down to 6th, where his struggles might not hurt as much. I think this is the best lineup moving forward

1. SS Anderson

2. 3B Moncada (S)

3. 1B Abreu 

4. CF Robert

5. C Grandal (S)

6. LF Pollock 

7. DH Sheets (L)

8. RF Engel 

9. 2B Garcia (S)

Need to have Grandal and his walks ahead of someone who can drive him in.

16 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

So I didn't start a new thread. I put this in the injury thread and someone  must have moved it and given it its own thread. In any case, I was able to edit the topic.

Mods will do that if they think it warrants it own thread.

30 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Not going to lie, I kind of hate that Tony makes lineups what seems to be days in advance. Maybe other managers do it too but I don't feel like they mention it to the media

They don't necessarily make lineups days in advance but they do inform players on planned days off.

3 hours ago, ptatc said:

They don't necessarily make lineups days in advance but they do inform players on planned days off.

They day before he literally said who was batting 2nd and 4th in the lineup and I remember last week he mentioned someone was already penciled in the lineup or was out of it. He clearly knows at least a couple days in advance what the lineup is going to be.

42 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

They day before he literally said who was batting 2nd and 4th in the lineup and I remember last week he mentioned someone was already penciled in the lineup or was out of it. He clearly knows at least a couple days in advance what the lineup is going to be.

I said they don't necessarily do it. Not that they never do it. But they always let the players know well in advance for planned days off.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Kelly also coming back and Bummer goes on the IL per MLB rumours.

If he's hurt that would explain his shakiness. But I am convinced that every single player on this team must get hurt at least once this season. It's been decided. By who, I am not sure. But it's someone very powerful. And very good at what they do.

Edited by ScooterMcGuire
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

If he's hurt that would explain his shakiness. But I am convinced that every single player on this team must get hurt at least once this season. It's been decided. By who, I am not sure. But it's someone very powerful. And very good at what they do.During this 6 game winning 

Or bummer could have been hurt and said he could pitch through it but he sucked so Joe with a reinforcement the Sox can afford to lose him for two weeks hopefully it’s nothing serious.  

43 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I said they don't necessarily do it. Not that they never do it. But they always let the players know well in advance for planned days off.

That is so dumb though, shit happens in baseball every day you shouldn't just determine days off well in advance. I miss the days of players only sitting after scuffling for a handful of games when it looks like they need a break not predetermining when a player needs a day off

5 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

That is so dumb though, shit happens in baseball every day you shouldn't just determine days off well in advance. I miss the days of players only sitting after scuffling for a handful of games when it looks like they need a break not predetermining when a player needs a day off

They've always done it. TLR has just been one who does it much more than most. It's not new for him. 

9 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Moving forward, I'd hit Moncada second, Robert 3rd cuz avoid the double-play, but I think Jose is pretty attached to hitting 3rd.  Gonna be good to have Yo back.  On a different note, does "great frame of mind" ring any alarm bells with anyone else?

It will never happen, but Anderson-Moncada-Robert-Vaughn (or Vaughn-Robert) is my dream 1-through-4