Moncada to be back on Monday

CentralChamps21

9 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

I never said Burger deserves a spot over Moncada.  I have in fact said numerous times that Burger needs to start at 3B and Moncada at 2B and if they don't want to do that then Moncada at 3B and Burger at 2B.  

Moncada has to be in the lineup, its the trash at 2B that don't deserve a roster spot.   You and @southsider2k5 have your heads so far up you ass that you can't understand basic words in a sentence that form a thought 

head-up-your-ass-up-your-ass.gif

Putting your little debate club skirmish aside, do you actually think Jake Burger is a better player than Yoan Moncada?  Or is this a bit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Moncada better be starting everyday.  I don't want to see Leury/Mendick/Harrison starting at 3B every few days because Moncada needs to be eased back in to avoid re-injury.

Moncada will play two games then sit, guaranteed 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Burger single handedly has lead us to a couple of wins on the winning streak.  You obviously haven't been watching 

lol wuhhht?

On the winning streak Jake Burger has 2 RBI's and one run scored while hitting 191 with a 333 OBP. He has zero XBH's in that span with his slugging % being the same as hig average. 

Maybe you the one who hasn't been watching?

I like Burger, but he needs more at bats in AAA; he's just lost so many reps the past few years it's hard to learn at the big league level. He's not Vaughn.

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

I never said Burger deserves a spot over Moncada.  I have in fact said numerous times that Burger needs to start at 3B and Moncada at 2B and if they don't want to do that then Moncada at 3B and Burger at 2B.  

Moncada has to be in the lineup, its the trash at 2B that don't deserve a roster spot.   You and @southsider2k5 have your heads so far up you ass that you can't understand basic words in a sentence that form a thought 

head-up-your-ass-up-your-ass.gif

There are those hurt feelings.  Take the L man.

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

Putting your little debate club skirmish aside, do you actually think Jake Burger is a better player than Yoan Moncada?  Or is this a bit?

I never said he was better.  Can Burger develop into a better hitter, absolutely, but he needs playing time and the ability to adjust like any other prospect in his rookie season.  Is he a better hitter than Moncada now, hell no.   Is he a better fielder, hell no.  

Burger at this exact moment in time is a far better hitter though than Sheets, Leury, Harrison and Mendick....which is why he should still be on the roster over all of them.

1 minute ago, Polar Bear said:

I never said he was better.  Can Burger develop into a better hitter, absolutely, but he needs playing time and the ability to adjust like any other prospect in his rookie season.  Is he a better hitter than Moncada now, hell no.   Is he a better fielder, hell no.  

Burger at this exact moment in time is a far better hitter though than Sheets, Leury, Harrison and Mendick....which is why he should still be on the roster over all of them.

Well, you did.  You typed these words: "Burger is better than Moncada or Harrison and that's a fact."

If you want to walk that position back, though, I don't blame you.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 10:07 AM, Polar Bear said:

Burger is better than Moncada or Harrison and that's a fact.   They need to get him in the lineup everyday

3 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Try again.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

lol wuhhht?

On the winning streak Jake Burger has 2 RBI's and one run scored while hitting 191 with a 333 OBP. He has zero XBH's in that span with his slugging % being the same as hig average. 

Maybe you the one who hasn't been watching?

I like Burger, but he needs more at bats in AAA; he's just lost so many reps the past few years it's hard to learn at the big league level. He's not Vaughn.

Burger walked and scored in the 9th when we were down 1, we lose without him

Friday in the 8th he took a pitch to let Engel steal then hit a SF which ultimately lead to him scoring 

Tuesday he had an RBI infield single and we won a close game 

What's Sheets, Harrison, Leury and Mendick done over that span......largely absolutely nothing outside of a Leury HR

1 minute ago, Polar Bear said:

Friday in the 8th he took a pitch to let Engel steal then hit a SF which ultimately lead to him scoring 

What's Sheets, Harrison, Leury and Mendick done over that span......largely absolutely nothing outside of a Leury HR

I know you want to rope everyone possible into this, but Jake can't play defensively anywhere other than 3rd or 1st.  Harrison, Mendick, and Leury all have somewhere between decent and plus defensive abilities at all of the infield positions.  Jake has a passable 3B.

Sheets is left handed, and seems to be able to at least stand in the OF, something Burger hasn't been able to do either.

Burgers last week has been .235.333.235.569.

If Jake isn't hitting, which he hasn't been since about the first week of the season, he isn't going to be able to stick and he DEFINITELY isn't better than Yoan Moncada.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Well, you did.  You typed these words: "Burger is better than Moncada or Harrison and that's a fact."

If you want to walk that position back, though, I don't blame you.

Moncada hasn't done anything yet so ill still stand by it.  Burger so far this season has been better than Moncada as a hitter last season.  

Moncada better start hot and stay hot 

Edited by Polar Bear
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

did you ever think, for one second, that a guy who didn't have an OPS of 567 might have put the team in a better position to not need a 9th inning walk?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

7 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Moncada hasn't done anything yet so ill still stand by it.  Burger so far this season has been better than Moncada as a hitter last season.  

Moncada better start hot and stay hot 

LOL Moncada had a 122 wRC+ last season.

Burger's wRC+ was 87 this year.

Moncada was 35% better offensively last year than Burger has been this year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

During the winning streak, Leury is:

6/15 with 1 2B, 3 RBI's, 1 run scored. In May, Leury has a 982 OPS. I hate Leury, but every point you have made is wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

LOL Moncada had a 122 wRC+ last season.

Burger's wRC+ was 87 this year.

Moncada was 35% better offensively last year than Burger has been this year. 

When all you do is walk or K you have a higher wRC+ lol.  It means you won't do anything for your team except K or stand at 1B and wait for your teammates to actually do good.  (Now does he have the talent to do much better, yes, but he has lost his game since he got covid and needs to get it back.  Hopefully being in the minors has helped him some)

Edited by Polar Bear