Cleveland at Sox-Game one, 7:10 CT

Plesac vs Kopech. Sox going for 7 straight! Would be nice if Kopech could go 7 today to give the pen a rest.

Does anyone know why they changed the start time of the home games back to 7:10? I thought they were changed to 6:10 for the year. 

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Plesac vs Kopech. Sox going for 7 straight! Would be nice if Kopech could go 7 today to give the pen a rest.

Does anyone know why they changed the start time of the home games back to 7:10? I thought they were changed to 6:10 for the year. 

Only for April

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Someone made a thread $%&$&ing about it claiming it was for the whole year when they've been doing this only for April past few years. 

3 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Burger is gone, not Mendick. Interesting...

Isn’t there a new rule about how often guys can be sent down in a season now? Maybe that is a small factor? Either way, let Burger get every day at bats at Charlotte. That is fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Burger is gone, not Mendick. Interesting...

Makes sense.  Burger really has no where to play with Yoan back and they're OK with Mendick sitting on the bench 5-6 days a week.  Sheets will go for AV. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Isn’t there a new rule about how often guys can be sent down in a season now? Maybe that is a small factor? Either way, let Burger get every day at bats at Charlotte. That is fine.

Its 5 times, but don't believe April counted with expanded rosters.  So Mendick should still be at 0.   I think they just want Jake to play everyday. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

TLR tomorrow (Definitely😞 "We're going to give Yoan today off, to keep him rested for the season."

FTFY

I totally feel like they are gonna play the slow game here and Leury is getting just as many starts this week. 

20 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Moncada better be starting every day.

Whoa, Leury needs his ABs. 

I dislike seeing Burger going down. He's really easy to cheer for. 

• Like 1

Just now, Texsox said:

Whoa, Leury needs his ABs. 

I dislike seeing Burger going down. He's really easy to cheer for. 

He was really struggling tho, chasing a lot and swinging through hittable pitches. He will be baxk, just let him find his timing again.

11 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

He was really struggling tho, chasing a lot and swinging through hittable pitches. He will be baxk, just let him find his timing again.

Yep, he needs ABs to work it out. 

17 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

If it gets Burger daily at bats fine. 

Mendick can now go play the outfield as well. 

Play the OF where?  The Sox don't need Mendick in the OF unless we're talking about an in-game emergency.

Edited by ChiSox59