Cleveland at Sox-Game one, 7:10 CT

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

A championship season typically has a certain feel to it. I don't see it with this team. There are at least 5 teams that are much better than us across the board. 

The Braves were below .500 in July last season and a ton of their good players were hurt. That isn't how this works. You don't have to be the best team or a perfect team to win the World Series.

Just now, greg775 said:

Worst loss in a long time. Lot of goats. Liam included. Tony for pitching Banks to start the ninth. Graveman shoulda started the inning unless he's hurt. I'm a Tony lover but chalk this one up to the manager.

Second goat: Yoan on the slow roller error.

Third goat: Bases loaded and chance to win. Two outs in a row in extras. Cleveland with the spectacular play at 3B and 1B to record the big out.

Banks didn't do a whole lot wrong. He made the pitches to get out of it, but Yoan's error basically made everything after that possible. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

The great Engel fails again 

TBF, that shot down the line in the 9th wins the game more often than not. Great play by Jram and awesome pick by the hothead. 

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

The Braves were below .500 in July last season and a ton of their good players were hurt. That isn't how this works. You don't have to be the best team or a perfect team to win the World Series.

That is one example. Not many like it. The Braves have also had a nice run before last season. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Banks didn't do a whole lot wrong. He made the pitches to get out of it, but Yoan's error basically made everything after that possible. 

Absolutely can’t walk Ramirez in the situation he did

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Worst loss in a long time. Lot of goats. Liam included. Tony for pitching Banks to start the ninth. Graveman shoulda started the inning unless he's hurt. I'm a Tony lover but chalk this one up to the manager.

Second goat: Yoan on the slow roller error.

Third goat: Bases loaded and chance to win. Two outs in a row in extras. Cleveland with the spectacular play at 3B and 1B to record the big out.

Banks probably finishes the game without that Moncada error.  Brutal defense from a solid defender at a very bad time.

• Like 2

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

TBF, that shot down the line in the 9th wins the game more often than not. Great play by Jram and awesome pick by the hothead. 

We lose cause Yoan couldn't field a routine grounder. They win cause Ramirez made a diving play to save the game. They straight up look better than us. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

We lose cause Yoan couldn't field a routine grounder. They win cause Ramirez made a diving play to save the game. They straight up look better than us. 

Pretty good summation. Can't argue with this observation.

• Like 1

Wasted a great effort by Kopech. 

Just when it looked like the Sox were starting to put it together, scoring 8 runs after a bunch of 3 or 4 run games...they of course defense (or a lack thereof) bites them in the ass. TA is supposed to be the heart and soul of this team but he's the biggest culprit in their shitty defense, someone needs ro challenge him to get his shit together, I have no idea who that could be since Pito has also had bad games on defensive side. 

I hope they come out pissed off tomorrow or else the Indians gon' sweep these guys.

Just now, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Wasted a great effort by Kopech. 

Just when it looked like the Sox were starting to put it together, scoring 8 runs after a bunch of 3 or 4 run games...they of course defense (or a lack thereof) bites them in the ass. TA is supposed to be the heart and soul of this team but he's the biggest culprit in their shitty defense, someone needs ro challenge him to get his shit together, I have no idea who that could be since Pito has also had bad games on defensive side. 

I hope they come out pissed off tomorrow or else the Indians gon' sweep these guys.

I just wonder how they're going to fuck up a great Gio start tomorrow. Gio typically owns Cleveland. 

Just now, Green Line said:

Probably that Royals game in 2016.  🤢

I think I actually saw the Sox blow a 4-run lead in the ninth vs. KC at Kauffman a long time ago. Fat Steve Balboni ripped a home run to ruin my night. Prior to the ninth that night, the Sox were cruising. I was so mad and the Royals fans I was with mocked me mercilessly.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yep. Not defending anything. Never should have gotten to that point. Just pointing out Engel wins in the 9th more often than not with that shot down the line. Just props to jram really, dudes a stud. Awful finish to the game. This one hurts for sure.