Cleveland at Sox-Game one, 7:10 CT

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

80 to 1 wins the Derby. Cleveland's odds not much worse than that down 8-2 in the ninth. That guy who started the inning deserves scorn as well as contagious bad defense.

Sox will win anyway I think.

After Kwan batted in the 9th, Cleveland's odds of winning were 332 to 1.

26 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Don't want opposing players going nuts celebrating?  Don't suck at baseball.  Don't make 4 errors.  Don't throw a fucking meatball to a guy who just hit a grand slam.  Try scoring a run when you have the bases loaded with one out...twice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

I’m getting fed up with TA and his hotdogging it on the field. Bring up Yolbert Sánchez and put TA at DH.

14 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Don't want opposing players going nuts celebrating?  Don't suck at baseball.  Don't make 4 errors.  Don't throw a fucking meatball to a guy who just hit a grand slam.  Try scoring a run when you have the bases loaded with one 

Edited by The Mighty Mite

16 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Don't want opposing players going nuts celebrating?  Don't suck at baseball.  Don't make 4 errors.  Don't throw a fucking meatball to a guy who just hit a grand slam.  Try scoring a run when you have the bases loaded with one out...twice.

Going nuts is putting it mildly, that guy needs some Valium.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

7 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

Moncada doesn't love the game. He is more interested in eating, making bad music videos and chasing tail. I guarantee he is back on the IL within two weeks. I think both he and Eloy are on the same diet plan. 

If this is a serious post…

Went to bed in the 9th (east coast) thinking the game was over only to wake up to a loss.

Obviously a horrific loss and there are no excuses…but it’s not the end of the world either. Some (a lot) of the posts in this thread are ridiculous. 

It’s still the beginning of May and once Lynn comes back we will have 4 legit studs in our rotation. The hitting literally can’t get any worse and we have guys with proven track records. This team will play well above .500 in June, July and August and have 0 problems making the playoffs.

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Went to bed in the 9th (east coast) thinking the game was over only to wake up to a loss.

Obviously a horrific loss and there are no excuses…but it’s not the end of the world either. Some (a lot) of the posts in this thread are ridiculous. 

It’s still the beginning of May and once Lynn comes back we will have 4 legit studs in our rotation. The hitting literally can’t get any worse and we have guys with proven track records. This team will play well above .500 in June, July and August and have 0 problems making the playoffs.

Did the same. Turned it off after the top of the 8th to go to bed and my phone started blowing up in the 9th and then I knew I had to turn it back on.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, I thought Moncada looked ripped AF personally.  

Being in shape has never really been Moncada’s problem, unlike Eloy.  Lumping them together like that maybe says more about the poster than the player. 

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

How many total did he have last year again?

I guess another aspect of this is that managers don't like to pull some guys who are contributing beyond the box score when the team is on a winning streak like this.  At least the guy hustles and he clearly has the  respect of the pitching staff.  And he's SO much better blocking pitches in the dirt and bunting, lol.

Last year Grandal caught 12/62, or 19%, which is a pretty significant decline for his career.

McGuire has caught 30% of runners for his career.

8 hours ago, hankchifan said:

A J Hinch. Alex Cora.  I know their current teams are not doing well now, but they are better managers than TLR.

Cora was not an option. Boston wanted him back after his suspension.