Cleveland at Sox-Game one, 7:10 CT

Just now, A-Train to 35th said:

2 HR's in 70 at bats is'nt showing much power, Leury has him beat with 3 HR's in 69 at bats

Leury would have 4 homers if Fenway didn't take 2 away from him this weekend. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I'm also from Chicago, but now that I'm in Texas, I really don't miss being in weather under 40. 

Weather under 40>>>>>>>100 degrees 7 days of the week and twice on Sundays. You can always put on more clothes, there's only so much you can take off. 

fuck weather over 85 degrees F. 

Today was perfect. 78 with low humidity. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, chw42 said:

I'm also from Chicago, but now that I'm in Texas, I really don't miss being in weather under 40. 

It's 80 degrees tonight. Lets not give him an excuse for that dog shit AB he had.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Weather under 40>>>>>>>100 degrees 7 days of the week and twice on Sundays. You can always put on more clothes, there's only so much you can take off. 

I also am from Chicago and live in Texas now and I approve of this opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

He went from being on one World Series contending team to another. Being on the Sox gave him an opportunity, if healthy, to play a bit more than he did on the Dodgers. I'm sure he was very happy about the trade. This is a great position for any veteran to be in.

Maybe you're right on the weather, but veterans sign with cold weather teams all the time. I don't think that's much of a factor for most guys.

I think there's also the fact that he got traded in ST, so I imagine his family is still in LA And they didn't get a chance to really move. They just had a kid too, so some of that might be affecting him too. It don't want to make it seem like I'm making excuses for the guy, but these guys aren't robots. 

• Like 1

Just now, brijames1957 said:

I want to make it clear I'm not dogging Sheets for the error, s*** happens. I'm dogging TLR for putting him out there at all. He isn't an outfielder. He is a prototypical first basemen and or DH. 

Grandal behind the plate, Engel in RF, Sheets DHing and none of us are complaining.

It'd also be 4-0 right now if that was tonight's lineup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Grandal behind the plate, Engel in RF, Sheets DHing and none of us are complaining.

It'd also be 4-0 right now if that was tonight's lineup.

The funny thing is that if Reese wasn't catching, Sheets probably hits behind Pollock and we get nothing in the 1st inning. 

• Like 1