Cleveland at Sox-Game one, 7:10 CT

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Then the players do a good job not throwing him under the bus when he doesn't put them in positions to be successful or is the reason they lose. Tony forces the team to play every game with 1 hand tied behind their back.

To be clear, he isn't responsible for *all* of the Sox issues. Far from it. But trying to win with a manager that's a total liability is a hindrance, there's no question about it.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, TLR always has at least one bad move in his pocket in every darn game.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Guys, I think this Cleveland offense is for real. We have a problem on our hands. 

If you replaced “guys” with “folks” I couldn’t tell the difference between a greg post and a Jack post at this point. 

• Haha 1

I thought the days of other division foes making the playoffs primarily on the fact that they beat up the Sox was behind us?

Need to start playing a helluva lot better against the Twins and Cleveland.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Wasted a great effort by Kopech. 

Just when it looked like the Sox were starting to put it together, scoring 8 runs after a bunch of 3 or 4 run games...they of course defense (or a lack thereof) bites them in the ass. TA is supposed to be the heart and soul of this team but he's the biggest culprit in their shitty defense, someone needs ro challenge him to get his shit together, I have no idea who that could be since Pito has also had bad games on defensive side. 

I hope they come out pissed off tomorrow or else the Indians gon' sweep these guys.

Someone needs to tell TA7 to stop hotdogging it. Swag in defense doesn’t work well.  TA is non chalant in many plays like trying to be cool with fancy sideway throws, etc.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

If you replaced “guys” with “folks” I couldn’t tell the difference between a greg post and a Jack post at this point. 

We're all posting here because we're passionate Sox fans that want them to win. 

I want to be positive about this team. I want to believe. They keep snatching that feeling from me. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Just now, brijames1957 said:

Moncada doesn't love the game. He is more interested in eating, making bad music videos and chasing tail. I guarantee he is back on the IL within two weeks. I think both he and Eloy are on the same diet plan. 

Hope Moncada is shipped out this winter, makes way to much soon with crappy defense and limited offense.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

He looks terrible as well.  I don’t see how he makes it through 162 game season.

Maybe we will see him using a walker by the end of the season.  It is not only the stress of the games, but also the travel which should be brutal for a guy his age.

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Moncada doesn't love the game. He is more interested in eating, making bad music videos and chasing tail. I guarantee he is back on the IL within two weeks. I think both he and Eloy are on the same diet plan. 

A lot of sox players are bordering on obese.  Again, the trainers’ fault.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

Or a certain resident of 1600 Pennsylvania who uses that phrase 22 times per speech.

Ny the way, poor Michael Kopech, can't buy a single win with a sub 1.00 ERA!!!

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Hope Moncada is shipped out this winter, makes way to much soon with crappy defense and limited offense.

What actually pisses me off is that he's actually a great 3B but that error in the 9th was crucial.

Then top it off with a great play by Cleveland to get out Engel to save the game.

Just frustrating.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

What actually pisses me off is that he's actually a great 3B but that error in the 9th was crucial.

Then top it off with a great play by Cleveland to get out Engel to save the game.

Just frustrating.

It's not really for a lack of talent, but a lack of concentration for both him and TA. When they get complacent they make mistakes. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Their pitching staff is so good and so deep, it doesn't have to be great for them to win ~90 games

They were 13th in the AL coming into tonight, but have the potential to be much much better if Bieber can recover his Cy Young form.

Crazy thing is not so long ago they had Kluber, Bauer, Carrasco, Clevinger and Bieber across their starting rotation.

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

Tomorrows game will say a lot about this team. 

Or the VV game if they have to avoid yet another sweep against CLE with the Yankees looming on the horizon...

And here I thought they lucked out missing Bieber and McKenzie this time around.

All too often, Liam Hendriks challenges good high fastball hitters with high fastballs....and they crush it.   He needs to use off-speed pitches more, and spot them around the edge of the zone.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tray said:

All too often, Liam Hendriks challenges good high fastball hitters with high fastballs....and they crush it.   He needs to use off-speed pitches more, and spot them around the edge of the zone.

Looked like he had zero feel for his offspeed stuff tonight... thus the fastball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

Maybe TLR got too overconfident due to your unflinching support...?