GT: Guardians at White Sox, Game 2 - 7:10 CT

Quin

• Quin pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think we all experienced it last night.

I hear ya....I felt like I had just finished a sack from White Castle.....it seemed like a good idea at the time.

• Haha 4

What a crazy entertaining game.  You can't win them all but wow, that was probably one of the harder ones.

From the Chicago Tribune:

According to ESPN Stats & Info, the Guardians were 1-626 when trailing by six or more runs in the ninth over the last 40 seasons.

Last night was painful, but Sox are still 6-1 in their last 7.  We all take that in a heartbeat before the first Cubs game.  Let's get the next 2 and get that awful taste out of our mouth.

Also, go Astros. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Last night was painful, but Sox are still 6-1 in their last 7.  We all take that in a heartbeat before the first Cubs game.  Let's get the next 2 and get that awful taste out of our mouth.

Also, go Astros. 

Amen.  With the benefit of a little cooling-off time, last night actually had several "long-term" positives.  The offense woke up and kept pushing despite some shitty luck at the end.  Pollock may have shaken off the dust.  Kopech is looking like an ace, which could be huge.  The ninth was a comedy of errors that can hopefully be chalked up to "one of those innings" and won't linger.  If we win this series all will be forgotten - let's start tonight.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

What a crazy entertaining game.  You can't win them all but wow, that was probably one of the harder ones.

From the Chicago Tribune:

According to ESPN Stats & Info, the Guardians were 1-626 when trailing by six or more runs in the ninth over the last 40 seasons.

squirrel.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Amen.  With the benefit of a little cooling-off time, last night actually had several "long-term" positives.  The offense woke up and kept pushing despite some shitty luck at the end.  Pollock may have shaken off the dust.  Kopech is looking like an ace, which could be huge.  The ninth was a comedy of errors that can hopefully be chalked up to "one of those innings" and won't linger.  If we win this series all will be forgotten - let's start tonight.

I like the positivity but last night's game will take me a while to forget.  Brutal!!!

2 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

We lead the league in errors, it isn't just one of those things

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Also, go Astros. 

Last night was more than painful. I honestly considered taking a break from baseball. No way the players aren't hurting right now. The 6 game streak was fun but it was still the Cubs and Red Sox, and we didn't score more than 4 in any game. Contention years are supposed to be fun and exciting. It feels like as fans we spend most of our time worrying about injuries and riding the roller coaster with this team that started after the ASB last year. Remember how much fun the Cubs fans had from 2015-2020. That is supposed to be us right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FoxForce2 said:

Kopech did his part last night...

Did he though? If he was more efficient and pitched deeper into the game, would they have needed to use the more inferior relievers. 

This isn't so much a criticism of Kopech but more on the state of the game and the way starting pitching philosophy has evolved. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Did he though? If he was more efficient and pitched deeper into the game, would they have needed to use the more inferior relievers. 

This isn't so much a criticism of Kopech but more on the state of the game and the way starting pitching philosophy has evolved. 

Lol, yes.  6 innings pitched and 0 ER is 100% doing your job.  Funny comment, especially coming from you, since you don't think he should throw over 110-120 innings. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

His awful defense cost him numerous extra pitches 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Last night was more than painful. I honestly considered taking a break from baseball. No way the players aren't hurting right now. The 6 game streak was fun but it was still the Cubs and Red Sox, and we didn't score more than 4 in any game. Contention years are supposed to be fun and exciting. It feels like as fans we spend most of our time worrying about injuries and riding the roller coaster with this team that started after the ASB last year. Remember how much fun the Cubs fans had from 2015-2020. That is supposed to be us right now. 

It was fun from the perspective of a casual fan.  I know plenty of mental case Cub fanatics that were near-suicidal at various times, especially if you count the entire 5-year window you cite.  Short of a 110-win season followed by total playoff domination, following the team through this board will never be fun.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Short of a 110-win season followed by total playoff domination, following the team through this board will never be fun.

You would still have 52 gamethreads of people edging closer towards the cliff.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

It was fun from the perspective of a casual fan.  I know plenty of mental case Cub fanatics that were near-suicidal at various times, especially if you count the entire 5-year window you cite.  Short of a 110-win season followed by total playoff domination, following the team through this board will never be fun.

Right.  I live and die by this team as much as the next guy, but sometimes you need to take a step back.  Its been a rough 28 games, truthfully.  But things can't get a whole lot worse in terms of offensive and injuries and we're still afloat, even with the Twins playing well above their means.  

Sox are in fine shape.  Plenty to be concerned about, to be sure.  But considering all circumstances, just fine.