GT: Guardians at White Sox, Game 2 - 7:10 CT

Quin

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, it's hard to expect a victory tmrw with VV, but they have temporarily staunched the bleeding and avoided the ONE outcome they couldn't afford, which would be two heartbreaking losses in a row followed by a second sweep in the early season.

Hopefully the Twins get swept by the Astros before the Twins hit their "easy" stretch starting this weekend all the way through June 3rd.

That ole 7-wins-in-8-games “bleeding.”  Thank god!  

Austin Hedges hitting a grand slam there...about as random a guy as anyone to pull it off, that would have been ALMOST as bad as last night.

But 8-2 up last night and then having multiple chances with two outs to get out of it, then blowing two bases loaded situations in the 9th and 10th was something you see only once every 40 years or so.

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

That ole 7-wins-in-8-games “bleeding.”  Thank god!  

Against the INDIANS this year.   And the whole mentality of the team/bullpen mindset.  I wasn't referring to the winning streak.   And yes, if we would have blown this one and gone down 5-0 against the Guardians to start the year with VV going tomorrow, that would have felt a lot like bleeding to me.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I just have the audio feed, which is more nerve-wracking trying to interpret the responses in the thread since there's a slight delay here.

Maybe next time don't post in absolutes here.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I was just doom posting

Should have been thinking about the win for your boy Giolito after one of his best outings of the season where he finally was able to consistently mix in the slider as a 3rd viable pitch to keep them off the changeup and FB.

Edited by caulfield12

36 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

No, not bailed out. It was the right call.

Bailed out means not whether the call was right or wrong here...but that we didn't have to pitch to Hedges with the bases loaded.

Obviously the odds were minuscule he was going to hit a GS, but for those who watched last night's debacle...anything seemed possible all of a sudden.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Bailed out means not whether the call was right or wrong here...but that we didn't have to pitch to Hedges with the bases loaded.

Obviously the odds were minuscule he was going to hit a GS, but for those who watched last night's debacle...anything seemed possible all of a sudden.

Using the term bailed out implies they benefitted from a wrong call. A better way of saying it would be New York got it right and it never should have even gone to replay in the first place if the umps got it right on the field.

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Using the term bailed out implies they benefitted from a wrong call. A better way of saying it would be New York got it right and it never should have even gone to replay in the first place if the umps got it right on the field.

Fair enough.   Just happy that Graveman didn't have to make another pitch.  Relieved.  And I guess it was still bailed out in the sense that in the past, there was no replay system and the reversal would never have been possible and game play would have continued on after the incorrect call.

I didn't get the best look of it on my phone when it was live, but watching the highlight again on TV, you can see the base move from Jose's foot hitting it before Gimenez got his hand in. Thank god for replay.