AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Looks more like Jerry Narron.  Definitely not Katz, he's too scruffy.

Or is that the "Where's the Beef?" Wendy's lady 30 years later?

Could be the mustard guy from a few years back.

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Or the old Dunkin' Donuts guy...."time to make the donuts."  Amazing how much more modern the image of that franchise is right now, compared to the 80's or 90's.

Haha I still say that to myself sometimes when I get up early....time to make the donuts.

So for someone who is more familiar with prospects, can Owen Miller, Josh Naylor, and Andres Gimenez all maintain slugging % over .543? Cleveland has 3 guys in the top 15 OPS rankings, and 4 in the top 25.

Only Tim is in that range on the Sox.

If these are just hot starts based on small sample size, I don't think Cleveland is going to sustain this kind of run production and is likely a .500 team. But if these are high ceiling prospects hitting their ceiling at the same time, then they might have some staying power as a team.

33 minutes ago, Frankensteiner said:

So for someone who is more familiar with prospects, can Owen Miller, Josh Naylor, and Andres Gimenez all maintain slugging % over .543? Cleveland has 3 guys in the top 15 OPS rankings, and 4 in the top 25.

No - all three are potentially solid starters, but none of them have done that consistently in the minors. I imagine they're all due for regression, though Naylor hits the ball really hard, so for him it'll be more using his aggression against him.

• Like 1

Great game to be at - beautiful weather and the Sox played well. Surprised the crowd was so small, though, but having a whole row lower deck behind home plate to ourselves was pretty great. Play at the end of the game looked safe to me from where we sat.  Glad I was wrong.