Lawsuit Filed Against the Sox

maloney.adam

4 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Sounds like a money grab.

Also him being a covid conspirator probably played a far greater role being fired as a trainer in 2020 then anything.

With the Supreme Court's current make up, that might be a much easier case to win...if you can get the case out of Illinois somehow.

Discrimination over conscientious objection to unproven (over the longer term) and still/just EUA vaccines.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If there are no further facts or information how can you judge anyone?

Since you won’t say it explicitly here’s the text, you can copy and paste. “I would have no problem with the White Sox firing a guy for being gay as long as they settle the lawsuit out of court.”

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Exactly. So if every detail happened and they settle out of court, no consequences? Everyone ok with that?

Would you like us all to profess that we will no longer support the team.  Is that the satisfactory answer 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Would you like us all to profess that we will no longer support the team.  Is that the satisfactory answer 

I don’t have a good answer but it’s way easier to say Hahn should be gone if this happened than it is to acknowledge we probably won’t get the whole story and will have to figure that out ourselves.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Since you won’t say it explicitly here’s the text, you can copy and paste. “I would have no problem with the White Sox firing a guy for being gay as long as they settle the lawsuit out of court.”

Do you really think the White Sox fired him for being gay? He said they found out he was gay in 2018. In 2020 he got promoted. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I don’t have a good answer but it’s way easier to say Hahn should be gone if this happened than it is to acknowledge we probably won’t get the whole story and will have to figure that out ourselves.

So if you feel that way why are you trying to make everyone declare that they are ok with something in which none of us will know the results for, for a long time if at all?  It's been one day and you are trying to make ptatc say he is ok with firing someone for being gay, what the fuck is that

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

30 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Do you really not get this? 

Someone privately contacted him two months AFTER his termination AND a month after he was coerced to sign paperwork,  someone who doesn't want their name and title given, and contradicted the team's official story, and opened up the door to a federal discrimination lawsuit against the team...  what do you think happened here?  They called to rub it in his face?

This is a classic whistle-blower. And you are endangering their livelihood and future.

Whistleblower is going to have to be named if the suit goes forward though, right? That person is going to have to go on the record as to why they believed the firing was discrimination.

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

With the Supreme Court's current make up, that might be a much easier case to win...if you can get the case out of Illinois somehow.

Discrimination over conscientious objection to unproven (over the longer term) and still/just EUA vaccines.

You're talking Supreme Court already?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Do you really think the White Sox fired him for being gay? He said they found out he was gay in 2018. In 2020 he got promoted. 

Have any employees in baseball who potentially lost positions in the industry due to Covid won lawsuits?

The White Sox are theoretically a quasi public entity due to subsidies from the State of Illinois.. 

14 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Why do you like to assume people's views based your own bias?

They have known about his sexual orientation for decade. Why would it become an issue now? Not that some of the others could be valid.

This is like when you called me an awful person because I said people will die because of COVID.

I know one of the people in the suit, you can probably guess which one, and there is a lot more to the story.

As I said earlier, I was wondering when this was going to come out and it will be interesting what more information comes out.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Whistleblower is going to have to be named if the suit goes forward though, right? That person is going to have to go on the record as to why they believed the firing was discrimination.

They certainly had to have thought this through carefully and considered the possibility of having to come forward into the public eye...

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Why do you like to assume people's views based your own bias?

They have known about his sexual orientation for decades. Why would it become an issue now? Not that some of the others could be valid.

This is like when you called me an awful person because I said people will die because of COVID.

I know one of the people in the suit, you can probably guess which one, and there is a lot more to the story.

As I said earlier, I was wondering when this was going to come out and it will be interesting what more information comes out.

So your advice is that everyone needs to remain neutral...and in all likelihood never know the details or whether Hahn is being (rightfully or out of loyalty again) shielded by JR?

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So your advice is that everyone needs to remain neutral...and in all likelihood never know the details or whether Hahn is being (rightfully or out of loyalty again) shielded by JR?

Until you know more about it, yes. Why would you take a side when you don't know the information?

Why make assumptions and proclaim guilt when you don't have much information?

Again, I'm not saying there is nothing there. If much of this happened than people need to go. But to assume it right away is wrong.

Is has nothing to do with loyalty or shielding.  It making an informed opinion instead of a biased one.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Until you know more about it, yes. Why would you take a side when you don't know the information?

Again, I'm not saying there is nothing there. If much of this happened than people need to go. But to assume it right away is wrong.

Is has nothing to do with loyalty or shielding.  It making an informed opinion instead of a biased one.

Yeah, I understand that discrimination occurs and is a problem, but I also know there are nutcases out there. A guy threatened a lawsuit against my dad and one of his clients for refusing to sell a house to him because he's trans. His offer was 20% below asking price and 35% below the highest offer.

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That is a well-reasoned and measured response.  Are you sure you’re in the right place?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, CentralChamps21 said:

Yeah, I understand that discrimination occurs and is a problem, but I also know there are nutcases out there. A guy threatened a lawsuit against my dad and one of his clients for refusing to sell a house to him because he's trans. His offer was 20% below asking price and 35% below the highest offer.

The person involved is not a nutcase, though. He is a good person.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I just don't buy it one bit from the way this team has operated, and the fact that they promoted him after they knew he was gay. Did they suddenly change their mind on being OK with it? 

Why didn't he file suit once he was told that either? That was December of 2020, It's been a pretty long time. He's thrown a couple of discriminations at them. Sexual orientation and age, which begins at 40. Yet they employed him and promoted him after that age. Yet, it could be true.

My take is they probably tried to settle before the suit. Told the team if you don't settle, this would happen, and it would obviously become public. As to individual A, I would say it's probably better than even money he told Ball that. But if he was speaking to him, he's probably a friend, and isn't going to tell him he was bad at his job . If they didn't fire him because he was gay, and the only evidence is the lawsuit, I would hate to be that individual. 

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Exactly. So if every detail happened and they settle out of court, no consequences? Everyone ok with that?

If settled out of court, we likely never know the real details of what happened.  The allegations are gross, but it’s hard to feel one way or another without the allegations being proven out.  

Edited by Tnetennba

44 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If you are already to this point, why are you still here?