Lawsuit Filed Against the Sox

maloney.adam

44 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Since you won’t say it explicitly here’s the text, you can copy and paste. “I would have no problem with the White Sox firing a guy for being gay as long as they settle the lawsuit out of court.”

I would unequivocally NOT be ok with this or any org firing someone because of their sexual orientation.  Doesn’t change the fact that we may never actually know if that is what truly happened, out of court settlement or not. 

38 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

So if you feel that way why are you trying to make everyone declare that they are ok with something in which none of us will know the results for, for a long time if at all?  It's been one day and you are trying to make ptatc say he is ok with firing someone for being gay, what the fuck is that

You specifically on page 1 of this thread said that if this is true Hahn needs to go, and yet the world is built so that if rich people do these things they have multiple layers of protection so that you’ll never actually know it for sure. So why are you and others declaring that you have a big problem with this if it happened without facing up to the fact that there’s a system that will cover for people who do things like this?

• Like 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

You specifically on page 1 of this thread said that if this is true Hahn needs to go, and yet the world is built so that if rich people do these things they have multiple layers of protection so that you’ll never actually know it for sure. So why are you and others declaring that you have a big problem with this if it happened without facing up to the fact that there’s a system that will cover for people who do things like this?

So what is the "appropriate" response here?  You are really fishing hard to get a point here.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Again we are on day 1 and you want everyone to declare that we will all burn down everything based on something that hasn't even happened yet.  Are you going to apologize to anyone for being wrong about any of this?  Doubtful.  But you can fucking bet that if you are right about any of it that you will rub someone's nose in it or do what you are doing now and create some bullshit straw man like you threw at ptatc.  

He's got a terrible lawyer. Come on before you file this you have to acid wash your social media

Not to read too much into liking tweets but yeah I've seen enough that's he's probably a vaccine and/or covid conspirator liking something like this as well as others. I can't imagine that thinking going along with the Sox back in 2020

EBtPMEY_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

31 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I'm sorry, I don't know this guy and didn't intend to imply that. I was just pointing out that accusers span the entire range of credibility.

I didn't mean that. Your case is very possible.

I was just saying that it isn't the case here.

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Again we are on day 1 and you want everyone to declare that we will all burn down everything based on something that hasn't even happened yet.  Are you going to apologize to anyone for being wrong about any of this?  Doubtful.  But you can fucking bet that if you are right about any of it that you will rub someone's nose in it or do what you are doing now and create some bullshit straw man like you threw at ptatc.  

I’m going to run someone’s nose in it if this is settled out of court with a bunch of nondisclosure agreements? That’s rather amusing.

What you folks did was the easy thing. Declare if something obviously bad happened and we all know it then the person who did the discrimination is bad! Congrats! That’s rarely how these things work and we all know that. So why is it ok to declare what you all did but bad to challenge anyone on the more likely unclear scenarios?

• Thanks 1

Obviously not going to judge, form an opinion or even lean one way at this point because I’m not a total psycho and believe in human decency…but what’s up with the car jacking part of this?

I mean after the last Saul episode, this has Wexler/Jimmy written all over it.  KW & RH wear ninja costumes, car jack employee so he has to fail some psychiatric evaluation to give them cause to terminate contract?  Fucking 10-d chess cool!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I’m going to run someone’s nose in it if this is settled out of court with a bunch of nondisclosure agreements? That’s rather amusing.

What you folks did was the easy thing. Declare if something obviously bad happened and we all know it then the person who did the discrimination is bad! Congrats! That’s rarely how these things work and we all know that. So why is it ok to declare what you all did but bad to challenge anyone on the more likely unclear scenarios?

Because my opinion is mine only, im not holding anyone else to some bullshit standard, I'm not criticizing anyone else here.  Something you never seem to understand when you are in your endless "I'm right" crusade

Honestly the most amusing thing here is you thinking me saying "if what happened is validated the Hahn should go" is somehow not enough and also trying to say it's similar to you telling ptatc that he is ok with a gay person getting fired.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

How many posters have called for the firing of the medical staff over the last few years?

Unfortunately,  it's reality in pro sports medical staff that they are let go because of change in coaches, administration,  injuries to players etc. 

Can you confidently say he wasn't terminated due to any of these reasons?

Most posters were satisfied that the strength/conditioning and medical staff was changed.

This is what needs to be proven in court and unfortunately, we rarely win.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Hey man, if you wanna run with this that’s fine, more power to you. 

But why are you still here if you’ve already made up your mind. 

• Like 4

'Despite popular misconception, ostriches do not stick their heads in the sand. This myth originated in ancient Rome and is so pervasive that it's used as a common metaphor for someone avoiding their problems. It's thought that this belief began after observing ostriches nesting and being stalked by predators.' 
Aug 20, 2017
Edited by FoxForce2
  • Thanks 1

Too scary to be in agreement with KyYle, but no choice on this one…yikes.

(Although I do think looking back retrospectively we reached a bit of a premature conclusion on Bauer. MLB still doesn’t even know what to do, so they keep on punting the problem down the road…a proverbial hot potato.)

5 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:
'Despite popular misconception, ostriches do not stick their heads in the sand. This myth originated in ancient Rome and is so pervasive that it's used as a common metaphor for someone avoiding their problems. It's thought that this belief began after observing ostriches nesting and being stalked by predators.' 
Aug 20, 2017

They do, however, post on messageboards

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

(Although I do think looking back retrospectively we reached a bit of a premature conclusion on Bauer. MLB still doesn’t even know what to do, so they keep on punting the problem down the road…a proverbial hot potato.)

They just suspended him for two years

31 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You are really expanding this wildly. We don't know anything about this other than the accusations are bad and for now unverified.

They ended the punt game and suspended him two and a half seasons, I think they decided what to do with him

17 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Again, what are you looking for here? 

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

How many posters have called for the firing of the medical staff over the last few years?

Unfortunately,  it's reality in pro sports medical staff that they are let go because of change in coaches, administration,  injuries to players etc. 

Most posters were satisfied that the strength/conditioning and medical staff was changed.

Wonder if Allen Thomas will be called to testify?

I would imagine that the convenient narrative that asserted Hermie was the greatest (actually a competitive advantage for the Sox versus other teams) and that both Ball and Thomas were responsible for most of the health problems is not exactly holding up well now.  At least not based on the impressive spate of injuries the Sox have suffered over the last two seasons.

Do you really believe that length will stand up to appeals/lawsuits?

That's not really what we were talking about.  If it is reduced or whatever yea that sucks, but the point remains that they stopped kicking the can

I don’t think it’s very hard to imagine an MLB organization would get jumpy at the idea of a gay man being a trainer, or maybe more specifically players having a problem with it. 

but I think it’s just as reasonable to think that the person who told Ball was acting on a hunch. 

Wonder if Allen Thomas will be called to testify?

I would imagine that the convenient narrative that asserted Hermie was the greatest (actually a competitive advantage for the Sox versus other teams) and that both Ball and Thomas were responsible for most of the health problems is not exactly holding up well now.  At least not based on the impressive spate of injuries the Sox have suffered over the last two seasons.

Allen may be called he would be very familiar with everything. 

Herm is an excellent atheltic trainer and is still around for consults.

I'm biased but even he couldn't prevent some of the weird ones.

13 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I can’t of course, and the people who said “if this happened then Hahn should be gone” can make those statements quite confident that they won’t know that either. And while it may feel awesome too say that I am supportive of good things and oppose bad ones, we live in a world where that clarity is rarely present. We eventually will probably have to deal with that in this case, so it seems fair to me to push on that point.