Eloy Supposedly Back in Two Weeks

Heads22

35 minutes ago, Green Line said:

The real question is how long does he last on the team before reinjuring himself.

Prob not long.  But this is fantastic news regardless.  Happy for Eloy.  I honestly thought he was donzo for this season.  

I look forward to getting back to the conversation of how we're going to fit all our good players into the lineup. 

Wonder what exactly Hector means by "return"?  Like return to game action in AAA?  Return to full baseball activities?  Or return to the big league club?  He was probably vague intentionally, but I highly doubt Eloy is playing for the Sox before mid-June. 

Edited by ChiSox59

He looked to be moving around damn well in the dugout. I get the impression Eloy is a bit gun shy with injuries so might have thought it was worse then it was when it happened. Sounds like this was just a grade 1 tear and didn't involve any complications of the tendon or anything. Awesome.

I bet he's back with the big club 2nd week of June.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He looked to be moving around damn well in the dugout. I get the impression Eloy is a bit gun shy with injuries so might have thought it was worse then it was when it happened. Sounds like this was just a grade 1 tear and didn't involve any complications of the tendon or anything. Awesome.

I bet he's back with the big club 2nd week of June.

Didn't he have surgery?

They don't do surgery for a grade 1.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Oh he did have surgery my bad. Must have been a fairly straightforward grade 2 then.

As I recall the procedure was described as a tendon repair similar to Grandal. 

This still baffles me as repairs take months not weeks, so it must be some kind of debridement of the tendon and then an augmentation. 

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

He will be back to starting a conditioning program. After a few weeks he will then go to Charlotte. 

Exactly. It's dumb to tweet about injuries via "sources." Just get an official update from the trainer, geez. If Hector is correct and he's playing in two weeks, nice job but cmon.

I saw a Tweet claiming that Vaughn and Eloy were taking BP before the last two home games. I can't vouch for the authenticity of that Tweet, but if  both of them are able to swing the stick, that's fantastic news.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

As I recall the procedure was described as a tendon repair similar to Grandal. 

This still baffles me as repairs take months not weeks, so it must be some kind of debridement of the tendon and then an augmentation. 

interesting, what do they augment it with? I apparently have a bunch of kevlar like material in my knees after the ruptures.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 hour ago, tray said:

I saw a Tweet claiming that Vaughn and Eloy were taking BP before the last two home games. I can't vouch for the authenticity of that Tweet, but if  both of them are able to swing the stick, that's fantastic news.

Vaughn played at AAA today. 

2 hours ago, tray said:

It was from an legit source so I'd say it was true.  Now the question is, was he swinging hard or just taking pitches to try and keep his timing