Eloy Supposedly Back in Two Weeks

Heads22

19 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Getting him back will be like making a trade and then getting Vaughn and Lynn back will be icing on the cake 

You just basically stole Hahn's trademark line for why they're not making any significant moves at the trade deadline.

Send on along to Scott Merkin for a "puff piece" about how much stronger this team will be in the 2nd half.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Green Line said:

The real question is how long does he last on the team before reinjuring himself.

The second real question is, are the Sox strength/training/conditioning/medical staff finally going to be serious and teach Eloy how to properly stretch and maintain his body flexibility and strength to stay healthy! 

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

The second real question is, are the Sox strength/training/conditioning/medical staff finally going to be serious and teach Eloy how to properly stretch and maintain his body flexibility and strength to stay healthy! 

They can start by limiting the buffet hours.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I don't even get excited about Eloy's returns because I've become very skeptical of his hitting ceiling. Hoping he makes me look like a fool.

I don't doubt his potential. I doubt his ability to realize that talent. Injuries and start-stop continuity i.e. never getting into and sustaining a groove aside, he might need to connect with the right hitting coach or even the right (different) team to get going. Would he be a different hitter with the Astros? The Braves?

Edited by FoxForce2
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

Getting him back will be like making a trade and then getting Vaughn and Lynn back will be icing on the cake 

Sort of like eight blockbuster trades by Hahn Solo all on the same day.

4 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

Eloy was so much fun to watch early on.  Hasn't felt that way in some time though - I hope he can get back but becoming more and more skeptical.  Outside of 2019 he really hasn't done a whole lot.

The man in the suit has just bought a new car from the profit he's made on your dreams.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

Eloy was so much fun to watch early on.  Hasn't felt that way in some time though - I hope he can get back but becoming more and more skeptical.  Outside of 2019 he really hasn't done a whole lot.

He needs to get back to hitting line drives, using the opposite field and putting the ball in the air.  Has felt like he's just a chopper 2 hopper to the left side of the infield waiting to happen since his return last season.  

1 hour ago, pcq said:

The man in the suit has just bought a new car from the profit he's made on your dreams.

And they granted you one final wish
Would you ask for something like another chance

I will get crucified for this I'm sure but I would trade Eloy after he is back. He is just basically a DH on a team full of them. Someone has to go. He isn't an outfielder. He can't play 1B can he? You have Sheets who can DH and play 1B. You have Vaughn who can DH, play 1B and play the outfield as least as well as Eloy. 

21 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I will get crucified for this I'm sure but I would trade Eloy after he is back. He is just basically a DH on a team full of them. Someone has to go. He isn't an outfielder. He can't play 1B can he? You have Sheets who can DH and play 1B. You have Vaughn who can DH, play 1B and play the outfield as least as well as Eloy. 

I would, too, if I had a time machine set to 2019.  But I'm afraid we would be selling very low on him if we traded him now.  That said, if we could get a legit rotation piece or more athletic everyday player for him I'd be all for it.