GT: Yankees at White Sox, Game 1 - 7:10 CT

Quin

Just now, chw42 said:

Especially when he's hitting like shit. 

I'm not sure how many catchers in baseball there are the people who don't like Yaz would find acceptable. Will Smith and Salvy Perez are probably the only 2. Good luck finding someone better.

17 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I moncada .........will always root for him and hope the best for him but his comp at the plate career wise at this point is Jason Heyward 

When is the last time Heyward had a 4+ fWAR?

Well, one thing is for sure, they're not going to want to pay him $24-25 million the last two years of his deal unless he's closer to his 2019 offensive production.  Which means at least 850+ ops in this current offensive environment.

After reading Rosenthal's article in the Athletic, I'd just as soon the Sox not press a running game on these guys. Evidently the Yanks have been putting serious effort into defensing the running game to good effect..

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm not sure how many catchers in baseball there are the people who don't like Yaz would find acceptable. Will Smith and Salvy Perez are probably the only 2. Good luck finding someone better.

Perez has been hitting like crap too. I have him in fantasy. I was just talking a couple of my buddies the other day about just how many established guys are off to bad starts and it's a ton of them. 

Just now, chw42 said:

Perez has been hitting like crap too. I have him in fantasy. I was just talking a couple of my buddies the other day about just how many established guys are off to bad starts and it's a ton of them. 

He is also much worse defensively than Yaz according to every defensive metric in existence. He's also probably a worse hitter. But batting average, dingers, & RBI's sway a lot of people. I'm not trying to take a dig at Salvy, really just trying to say there is no perfect catcher in baseball right now.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Contreras, Sean Murphy maybe, definitely Realmuto but another massive contract...

Just now, Spumoni said:

Grandal walks in 4 straight pitches so of course Sheets comes up swinging at everything out of the zone.  Infuriating.

Gavin's not real good at working counts. He looks anxious up there when there's guys on base. 

2 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

After reading Rosenthal's article in the Athletic, I'd just as soon the Sox not press a running game on these guys. Evidently the Yanks have been putting serious effort into defensing the running game to good effect..

Getting rid of Gary Sanchez was 50% of it.

• Quin locked this topic