GT: Yankees at White Sox, Game 1 - 7:10 CT

Quin

3 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Grandal sporting the 2nd lowest OPS in the order tonight, only to Yoan, who really doesn't count yet.

Good thing we're saving his knees and letting him only hit, so much!

I think Reese has been the worst hitter on the team by OPS/wRC+ etc this year. Which makes it a double wammy with him and Grandal both being offensive 0's and being in the lineup together so much this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think Reese has been the worst hitter on the team by OPS/wRC+ etc this year. Which makes it a double wammy with him and Grandal both being offensive 0's and being in the lineup together so much this year.

I still don’t understand what their plan was at catcher this year.  It’s fine if they wanted to rest Grandal more, but then put more resources into finding someone who deserves to play 40 pct of the time back there.

Small sample size but Gavin is never gonna hit lefties is he? Anybody see any potential there? He's only had 10 at bats vs lefties this year, one hit, so I would think he's a platoon guy at best the rest of his career. A guy they pinch hit for late when he faces a lefty reliever too? Just wondering but he appears to be another lefty hitter with no chance vs. a lefty.

Just now, fathom said:

I still don’t understand what their plan was at catcher this year.  It’s fine if they wanted to rest Grandal more, but then put more resources into finding someone who deserves to play 40 pct of the time back there.

The Sox front office has been bad at rounding out the middle/bottom parts of a roster for 20 years. Of course they weren't going to suddenly get good at it this off-season.

• Quin locked this topic