GT 5/13: Yankees @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC

53 minutes ago, The Beast said:

They should have added someone other than Velazquez to get the caliber pitcher of Rodon. Don’t give me that shit that Kopech replaced Rodon, a team that cared about winning would have replaced someone of Rodon’s caliber. Especially if he makes it through the regular season and playoffs.

You mean like replaced Rodon with Rodon because pitcher's of his caliber actually usually go for a lot more than Rodon did because of that injury history. They had a chance at a bargain and they decided "Nope we don't even want the draft pick and someone can sign him for whatever it takes to get him without the draft pick attached." Hahn working for the other 29 teams.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Way to move the goal posts.

There were no goal posts.

I said what I expected to have with our limited budget and future commitments.

But sure I'd like to have Machado at third, Rodon, Harper and Moncada playing GG defense at second base.

I try to live in a non fantasy world.

We just had one meeting with Boras and Harper in Vegas just to feign interest for the sake of season ticket sales.  And we all know the Machado deal had a poison pill just like the one recently tendered to Gio. It looks good to non sophisticated fans, but it was never going to be accepted ultimately.

17 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

I’ve seen enough Josh Harrison for a lifetime.  ENOUGH!

Seriously, they have to DFA him by the end of this month, unless he gets a few hits.  Fat chance.