GT 5/13: Yankees @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC

The difference between the Yankees and White Sox players approach to hitting is striking. The Yankees staff puts the ball where players will swing at it out of the zone and the Sox will swing at it. The Yankees approach is patient and better.

2 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

At least when KW was in charge, offseasons and trade deadlines were interesting because he was never satisfied and always trying to pull off something big even if it didn't work out.  Hahn seems to be content with the "champonship core" he thinks he built and now just  concentrates on middle relievers and washed up infielders.

Hahn tries, he just sucks at veteran acquisitions. 

Stoney is a great analyst, calls it as he sees it. Re. Timmy's lousy throwing form there.

Yankees play the game the right way. Up 7-3 and hustling; Timmy with another mental error there. Sox lazy mentally.

Just now, greg775 said:

Stoney is a great analyst, calls it as he sees it. Re. Timmy's lousy throwing form there.

Yankees play the game the right way. Up 7-3 and hustling; Timmy with another mental error there. Sox lazy mentally.

Stone calls it like he sees it, until it's time to talk about the manager. That's a no-no with Jerry and he's a company man above all else.

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

This is true but at least you get him out of the outfield.

Not even sure it's true. You don't have a big enough sample size to know. But the people who are always saying Sheets sucks blast it from their trumpets enough to convince others it's true.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

He should have charged that ball. The second he waited on it I knew IKF would be safe

• Like 2

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not even sure it's true. You don't have a big enough sample size to know. But the people who are always saying Sheets sucks blast it from their trumpets enough to convince others it's true.

I'm not a Sheets guy at all, but right now it's impossible to fill out a Sox lineup vs a RHP and not have Sheets in it. Maybe that'll change if/when Eloy and Vaughn are back, but for now, he has to play.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The few times I saw him at 1B he didn't look too good.  But I'd like to get an extended look at him there.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Stone calls it like he sees it, until it's time to talk about the manager. That's a no-no with Jerry and he's a company man above all else.

U know what, that's a fair point. I have noticed he doesn't second guess managing. But I'm pretty sure I've heard him say things about strategy before they happen. I have noticed tho, he doesn't refer to Tony by name in regard to decisions.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

U know what, that's a fair point. I have noticed he doesn't second guess managing. But I'm pretty sure I've heard him say things about strategy before they happen. I have noticed tho, he doesn't refer to Tony by name in regard to decisions.

He was relentless on Renteria because he knew, somehow, that was fair game. He hasn't been critical of Tony once in 2 years. I love Stone as an analyst, but that's made me lose a lot of respect for him.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, The Beast said:

The difference between the Yankees and White Sox players approach to hitting is striking. The Yankees staff puts the ball where players will swing at it out of the zone and the Sox will swing at it. The Yankees approach is patient and better.

It is rather amazing this organization dies on the vine with their hitting philosophy. 

• Like 2