GT 5/13: Yankees @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It's not like we didn't shout this to the rooftops all offseason long.

Dump Kimbrel off the roster by buying out the option cheaply and at least offer the QO to Rodon.

I actually think/know there were plenty of people here saying the Sox knew best and are just waiting for his arm to blow up to say I told you so. Some will say it also if he doesn't pitch in the playoffs if the Giants can make the playoffs.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I actually think/know there were plenty of people here saying the Sox knew best and are just waiting for his arm to blow up to say I told you so. Some will say it also if he doesn't pitch in the playoffs if the Giants can make the playoffs.

It's gonna take Rodon like 2 months to generate 22M worth of value, but the moment he misses a start there will be people on here saying "see, I told you so!!" as VV and Keuchel continue serving up batting practice

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Jimenez and Madrigal sure.  Moncada jury is still out on.  Vaughn and Robert look fine.  Pitching looks fine.  It's all the veteran crappiness that Hahn has surrounded it with.

Jimenez turned out to be a one dimensional DH who can't stay healthy and the jury is still out on whether he will ever be even close to the hitter they expected.  Moncada turned out to be a very good defensive third baseman but it appears likely he will never live up to the hype - he was expected to be Robbie Alomar in his prime, but he's not even close.  Anderson is good but erratic. Madrigal sucked. Vaughn is a good hitter but is out of position in the outfield.  Needs to prove he can be a good defensive 1B otherwise he's just another DH. I still have hope that Robert is the real deal, he has all the tools to be a complete player and a star.

Hahn under JR failed to augment the young core with proven top tier free agents.  They also rely too much on Abreu who although a good guy is well past his prime if not completely washed up.  They seem to prefer to play utility infielders and 1B/DHs in the outfield rather than acquiring legit major league outfielders.

To top off the failed rebuild they hired just about the worst manager possible, again because of JR's warped sense of loyalty.

This organization sucks and it doesn't appear that they will ever be more than a competitor for 1st place in a weak division as long as JR is running things.  Get ready for another couple of one round playoff eliminations until this "window" closes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

TIM FUCKING ANDERSON HAS THE HIGH OBP IN THE LINEUP AT .368. 6 GUYS MAKE AN OUT MORE THAN 70% OF THE TIME. WE SUCK. REECE MCQUIRE, WHO WE RAN OFF A 2ND ROUND PICK FOR THAT WE DEVELOPED FOR YEARS HAS A 300 OPS.

A 300 OPS.

Collins was a 1st round pick....as was McGuire actually. 

You put Sheets at 1B and move Jose to DH permanently! Sheets is the only LH power on the team, hell he is the only power period right now. He is not an OF! I don't care if Jose doesn't like it. Something has to start being done to shake up this team. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

If that was the fucking plan then you should have made backup catcher a much higher priority.

KW/Hahn have like a 20 year track record of not being able to round out rosters with necessary depth. They weren't going to suddenly get good at it last off-season.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You mean like replaced Rodon with Rodon because pitcher's of his caliber actually usually go for a lot more than Rodon did because of that injury history. They had a chance at a bargain and they decided "Nope we don't even want the draft pick and someone can sign him for whatever it takes to get him without the draft pick attached." Hahn working for the other 29 teams.

Exactly. I don’t know why people can’t get this through their stubborn heads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

KW/Hahn have like a 20 year track record of not being able to round out rosters with necessary depth. They weren't going to suddenly get good at it last off-season.

They are also obsessed about piling relievers instead of outfielders and catchers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

You put Sheets at 1B and move Jose to DH permanently! Sheets is the only LH power on the team, hell he is the only power period right now. He is not an OF! I don't care if Jose doesn't like it. Something has to start being done to shake up this team. 

Sheets is a butcher at first base, also. Not a graceful first baseman.

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

At least when KW was in charge, offseasons and trade deadlines were interesting because he was never satisfied and always trying to pull off something big even if it didn't work out.  Hahn seems to be content with the "champonship core" he thinks he built and now just  concentrates on middle relievers and washed up infielders.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Yankees are just way better. Sox have to try to escape with one win somehow this series. How's the crowd tonite? Just tuned in and checked the box score both.

Enough to line the octogenarian’s pockets.