Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CentralChamps21

GT 5/13: Yankees @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC

Recommended Posts

The difference between the Yankees and White Sox players approach to hitting is striking. The Yankees staff puts the ball where players will swing at it out of the zone and the Sox will swing at it. The Yankees approach is patient and better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

At least when KW was in charge, offseasons and trade deadlines were interesting because he was never satisfied and always trying to pull off something big even if it didn't work out.  Hahn seems to be content with the "champonship core" he thinks he built and now just  concentrates on middle relievers and washed up infielders.

Hahn tries, he just sucks at veteran acquisitions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So TLR preaches resting guys and saving his bullpen from injuries, yet here he is putting Reynaldo Lopez in a couple of days removed from having a back issue... cool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TA makes one of the best plays of his career like 2 innings ago and then messes up the most routine GB imaginable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stoney is a great analyst, calls it as he sees it. Re. Timmy's lousy throwing form there.

Yankees play the game the right way. Up 7-3 and hustling; Timmy with another mental error there. Sox lazy mentally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greg775 said:

Stoney is a great analyst, calls it as he sees it. Re. Timmy's lousy throwing form there.

Yankees play the game the right way. Up 7-3 and hustling; Timmy with another mental error there. Sox lazy mentally.

Stone calls it like he sees it, until it's time to talk about the manager. That's a no-no with Jerry and he's a company man above all else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only they had a shot at Manny Machado...

 

If only they realized they were 2 SP short of being 1 SP short...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

This is true but at least you get him out of the outfield.

Not even sure it's true. You don't have a big enough sample size to know. But the people who are always saying Sheets sucks blast it from their trumpets enough to convince others it's true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I'm in the mood for a big comeback victory.

Then you should watch that Rockies game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Stoney is a great analyst, calls it as he sees it. Re. Timmy's lousy throwing form there.

Yankees play the game the right way. Up 7-3 and hustling; Timmy with another mental error there. Sox lazy mentally.

He should have charged that ball. The second he waited on it I knew IKF would be safe

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not even sure it's true. You don't have a big enough sample size to know. But the people who are always saying Sheets sucks blast it from their trumpets enough to convince others it's true.

I'm not a Sheets guy at all, but right now it's impossible to fill out a Sox lineup vs a RHP and not have Sheets in it. Maybe that'll change if/when Eloy and Vaughn are back, but for now, he has to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not even sure it's true. You don't have a big enough sample size to know. But the people who are always saying Sheets sucks blast it from their trumpets enough to convince others it's true.

The few times I saw him at 1B he didn't look too good.  But I'd like to get an extended look at him there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Stone calls it like he sees it, until it's time to talk about the manager. That's a no-no with Jerry and he's a company man above all else.

U know what, that's a fair point. I have noticed he doesn't second guess managing. But I'm pretty sure I've heard him say things about strategy before they happen. I have noticed tho, he doesn't refer to Tony by name in regard to decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, greg775 said:

U know what, that's a fair point. I have noticed he doesn't second guess managing. But I'm pretty sure I've heard him say things about strategy before they happen. I have noticed tho, he doesn't refer to Tony by name in regard to decisions.

He was relentless on Renteria because he knew, somehow, that was fair game. He hasn't been critical of Tony once in 2 years. I love Stone as an analyst, but that's made me lose a lot of respect for him.

  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jose is an automatic out now. He always puts the ball in play but never hits it where they ain't. Poor Jose. Still love the guy but he can't hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I didn’t notice this but the Sox and the Guardians are only a half a game out of the last wild card spot. I know it’s only May and anything can happen between now and at the end of the season.

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Stone calls it like he sees it, until it's time to talk about the manager. That's a no-no with Jerry and he's a company man above all else.

That's how Jimmy Piersall lost his job on the Sox post game show - criticizing LaRussa.

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Beast said:

The difference between the Yankees and White Sox players approach to hitting is striking. The Yankees staff puts the ball where players will swing at it out of the zone and the Sox will swing at it. The Yankees approach is patient and better.

It is rather amazing this organization dies on the vine with their hitting philosophy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×