GT 5/14: Yankees @ SOX, 6:10 pm CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, they definitely weren’t on a tear offensively and didn’t face stronger teams except for the Angels…well, I suppose it also depends upon one’s take on the Red Sox. 

But they were hardly dominating opponents like the Yankees and Astros.  That’s fair to say,

They won 7 of 8 games. 

Why are you the way you are?

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So Stone said the Sox weren't hot and the Yankees were coming into the series lol

I guess winning 7 of 8 isn't hot.

Next, Stone will tell us that it takes 5 months to build a beautiful IKEA table. 

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Also crazy thing is if they hadn't blown a 6 run lead in the 9th they'd have won 8 in a row. 

.....and 10 in a row if they had finished off that 9th inning comback against the Angels. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

Yanks look practically unbeatable this season, but we can do it. Though am anxious about our pitching for sure.

Also, I didn't see an introduction thread? Sorry if I missed it but new here so just wanted to say that I have been a fan since I was in middle school(Mid 30's now) and live outside Winston-Salem. Became a fan due to the Warthogs(Now Dash) being Sox affiliates. Been to see games in Charlotte and Kannapolis also. Also a teacher. Anyway, looking forward to getting involved in the forum.👍:gosox4:

Edited by Taz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

TLR's lineups ranked on a relative scale of 1-10, I predict an 8 today. Relative to common sense, I predict a 4.

Edit: Ok, this is actually about an 8.5 on the TLR scale. Perhaps even a 7 for common sense.Now, we wait for the dreaded  bullpen move rating

1 SS Tim Anderson

2 3B Yoan Moncada

3 CF Luis Robert

4 1B Jose Abreu

5 DH Andrew Vaughn

6 C Yasmani Grandal

7 LF AJ Pollock

8 RF Adam Engel

9 2B Josh Harrison

Edited by Chick Mercedes

6 minutes ago, Taz said:

Yanks look practically unbeatable this season, but we can do it. Though am anxious about our pitching for sure.

Also, I didn't see an introduction thread? Sorry if I missed it but new here so just wanted to say that I have been a fan since I was in middle school(Mid 30's now) and live outside Winston-Salem. Became a fan due to the Warthogs(Now Dash) being Sox affiliates. Been to see games in Charlotte and Kannapolis also. Also a teacher. Anyway, looking forward to getting involved in the forum.👍:gosox4:

Welcome to the party! All of our moods right now strongly follow the teams record so apologies in advance for that!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Taz said:

Welcome to SoxTalk! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Put 1K on Sox moneyline at +145 tonight. 

HaHa, I assume this is your lame attempt at sarcastic humor! 🙄 Actually the really bet tonight is with the over at 9 runs at -114. The Sox average 3.65 runs per game. If the Sox get 3 runs and the Yankees 7, or if the Sox get 4 runs and the Yankees get 6! Winner winner, chicken dinner! Remember gang, Keuchel is pitching! 

21 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sox will win today, because baseball. 

Bench the only player hitting HRs right now in Sheets. Great thinking Tony.

Yes I know a lefty is on the mound but still

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Bench the only player hitting HRs right now in Sheets. Great thinking Tony

Personally, Whichever player is able to get regular ABs can become in a better groove at the plate. Up against a southpaw, I don't mind going with Engel and defense. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Taz said:

Welcome. Can you pitch?

6 minutes ago, pcq said:

Welcome. Can you pitch?

Thanks pal and no I can't but I can criticize with the best of them. Oh, and also have a lifetime pass to SIx Flags Over Georgia for reasons won't go into here if you are ever in need of a distraction👍

Edited by Taz