5/15 Games

BamaDoc

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Unless every single scouting report on Perez is wrong and he's actually awful defensively, I'm getting hard pressed to see a reason to keep McGuire around over him. Especially because Perez has reverse splits.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Quin said:

Unless every single scouting report on Perez is wrong and he's actually awful defensively, I'm getting hard pressed to see a reason to keep McGuire around over him. Especially because Perez has reverse splits.

I assume they'll DFA McGuire eventually.

59 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Don't need to DFA him to bring up Perez. Mendick never plays. Better to carry 3 catchers if Yaz can't hardly catch anymore.

I'm sure if gets DFAd not one single team would come calling, except for dumbass Hahn, 

He'd be back in AAA in no time. 

One common refrain that the last 20 years of more fan voice has given us is dismissal that internet gms just fire everyone and are idiots. But the thing is if you outsourced white sox minor league scouting to this forum I think it would be better. Even if we didn't get any more info than scouting websites + futuresox + box scores, I think we'd be better.

And that's definitely not saying we'd be among the best scouting depts in the game, mainly just that the sox are bad.

On 5/15/2022 at 12:34 PM, Quin said:

Agreed. Perez is 25 already and having a great season. Time to get him up and see if that hitting can continue on the big club. Couldn't be any worse than McGuire's hitting.

The problem is we have no idea who is making decisions on player's comings and goings. Grandal and McGuire are the only 2 catchers on the 40 and I think a 3rd is needed.

The 1st guy on the 40 chopping block would have to be Mercedes.

• Like 1