GT 5/15: Yankees @ SOX,1:10 pm CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

No Moncada , no bueno. He needs to play against lefties and righties. I do not care about day game after a night game when he's swinging the bat well.

Amazing that none of the Yankees top players don’t have to sit after playing the first 3 games, yet the Sox players have to sit once every 3/4 games.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Amazing that none of the Yankees top players don’t have to sit after playing the first 3 games, yet the Sox players have to sit once every 3/4 games.

Well, Moncada is still in extended spring training reps right now.  So that's more understandable.

However, at the very least I rather have him taking DH reps over Abreu at this point.    But maybe they wan to keep his running light altogether. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Well, Moncada is still in extended spring training reps right now.  So that's more understandable.

However, at the very least I rather have him taking DH reps over Abreu at this point.    But maybe they wan to keep his running light altogether. 

When he is showing his power stroke again from the right side I would prefer keeping him in a groove. A Moncada that can actually slug over .450 would be a very welcome addition and there is no time to waste when the rest of the lineup and especially his replacement is so bad and McGuire has to catch.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Guy went 2-4 with a homer and a walk yesterday. Obviously they should sit him today.

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I cant put into words how tired I am of Tony and how he manages his players. Other teams do not sit their best players as much as we do

Saving them for the playoffs! Worked wonders last year. 

4 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

These lineups are beyond comical. 2 days off in 6 games, like others said, funny how the Yankees lineup doesn't consistently change for keeping guys 'fresh'.

We never have a consistent lineup with our best healthy players, maybe a reason why the offense can never get in a groove