GT 5/15: Yankees @ SOX,1:10 pm CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

44 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Player development and coaching is a huge part of the game. Players regularly join certain organizations (Dodgers, Yankees, Rays, Giants) and get better. I think there are a lot of players on the hitting side who are clearly not the most optimized versions of themselves.

I know pitching vs hitting is different, but compare the difference of Lucas, Rodon, and Cease before and after working with Katz. Having quality coaching is a big, big deal.

Of course it is, but does Menechino really need to tell Abreu to swing faster or Eloy to hit the ball over the wall more?

33 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Interesting that Grandal hits for McGuire, but Harrison hits for himself. Probably saving Moncada to hit for Abreu.

TLR probably decided that Moncada was out the whole game, same as NBA’s DNP (did not play) coaches decision.  No sense of urgency again.

19 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

You mean to tell me that not one of LaRussa’s coaches said to him, “Maybe we should get a lefty ready for Gallo”!

I went to the TB game a couple nights ago and I was amazed at the bullpen management. They brought in a guy then started warming another guy just in case they needed him after 3 batters. 

15 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Of course it is, but does Menechino really need to tell Abreu to swing faster or Eloy to hit the ball over the wall more?

I don’t know what exactly their hitting coaches are saying, but in the entire statcast era the white Sox are at or near the bottom of baseball in launch angle, and about the only constant players through that time are Leury and Abreu so hitting the ball on the ground too much has been a longterm issue across several coaches.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

This is supposed to be a championship team. Sox were thoroughly outplayed this weekend.

And today the Yankees showed clearly that they are the better team.  That home run in the ninth says it all. They needed something, got it, and put the game away. The Sox offense looked like it has all season. 

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

I know this is obvious, but if we don't start getting our hitting in order, we are not going to win a damn thing this season.

It’s not just the hitting. The pitching was a strength all year last year and it’s decidedly middle of the pack however you look at it. And on top of that, they’re the worst defensive team in baseball.

Almost no one thought this team would be slugging their way to the division. Especially with all the money dumped into the bullpen, this team isn’t winning a damn thing if they pitch like this.

13 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It’s not just the hitting. The pitching was a strength all year last year and it’s decidedly middle of the pack however you look at it. And on top of that, they’re the worst defensive team in baseball.

Almost no one thought this team would be slugging their way to the division. Especially with all the money dumped into the bullpen, this team isn’t winning a damn thing if they pitch like this.

Well we lost Rodon and Lynn is still out so that has hurt the pitching but this offense is just killling us and the defense is a joke.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

How many times has he pinch hit for anyone this year?

Five:

Tony or someone appeared to be awake during the Boston Series. Coincidently, it's has been the one 3 game sweep of the season.