Sign in to follow this  
Tnetennba

GT 5/15: Yankees @ SOX,1:10 pm CT, NBCSC

Let the absentee game thread making mojo continue.

New York Yankees (24-9) vs. Chicago White Sox (16-16)

Nestor Cortes  (1-1, 1.41) vs Michael Kopech (0-0, 0.93)

Lets Go White Sox!!

No Moncada , no bueno. He needs to play against lefties and righties. I do not care about day game after a night game when he's swinging the bat well.

• Like 2

Well, I had a good 1 game run.  Does the bottom 5 of that lineup even get a hit?  Woof.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

No Moncada , no bueno. He needs to play against lefties and righties. I do not care about day game after a night game when he's swinging the bat well.

Amazing that none of the Yankees top players don’t have to sit after playing the first 3 games, yet the Sox players have to sit once every 3/4 games.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Amazing that none of the Yankees top players don’t have to sit after playing the first 3 games, yet the Sox players have to sit once every 3/4 games.

Well, Moncada is still in extended spring training reps right now.  So that's more understandable.

However, at the very least I rather have him taking DH reps over Abreu at this point.    But maybe they wan to keep his running light altogether. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Well, Moncada is still in extended spring training reps right now.  So that's more understandable.

However, at the very least I rather have him taking DH reps over Abreu at this point.    But maybe they wan to keep his running light altogether. 

When he is showing his power stroke again from the right side I would prefer keeping him in a groove. A Moncada that can actually slug over .450 would be a very welcome addition and there is no time to waste when the rest of the lineup and especially his replacement is so bad and McGuire has to catch.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Guy went 2-4 with a homer and a walk yesterday. Obviously they should sit him today.

• Fire 1

Why is benettii announcing the Braves game. 🤔

Just now, hi8is said:

Why is benettii announcing the Braves game. 🤔

He's doing all the Sunday Peacock games 

• Thanks 1

This is going to be a real test for Kopech. The Yankees hitters are patient. He's going to have to throw strikes. 

DH moncada and sit Abreu.  Somehow 40 year old Abreu can be run out there daily.  

Kopech personal catcher v a LHP is disgusting.  

Woof that lineup.  

• Like 1

I cant put into words how tired I am of Tony and how he manages his players. Other teams do not sit their best players as much as we do

• Like 1

To bad Stanton, Judge, Donaldson, Rizzo dont need to be rested like our players.

16 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I cant put into words how tired I am of Tony and how he manages his players. Other teams do not sit their best players as much as we do

Saving them for the playoffs! Worked wonders last year. 

Let’s strive mightily to win this game 

just to play devil's advocate:  TLA would say that his approach on regular season line-ups and bench utilization equals 6 pennants and 3 WS championships

These lineups are beyond comical. 2 days off in 6 games, like others said, funny how the Yankees lineup doesn't consistently change for keeping guys 'fresh'.

1 minute ago, gogosox1959 said:

just to play devil's advocate:  TLA would say that his approach on regular season line-ups and bench utilization equals 6 pennants and 3 WS championships

That and the steroids.  Mostly the steroids.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

These lineups are beyond comical. 2 days off in 6 games, like others said, funny how the Yankees lineup doesn't consistently change for keeping guys 'fresh'.

We never have a consistent lineup with our best healthy players, maybe a reason why the offense can never get in a groove

At least Vaughn is at 1B. He needs to play 1B more and still develop as a defender there. He is the future at 1B not Abreu. 

• Like 3