Menechino is movable

brijames1957

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Can we fire Stone too?  What a fucking tool.

Ok Stoney couldn't it be because 2020 was his first year as hitting coach.  2 years later his "shitty especially for where they play their home games" hitting philosophy has had the time to poison this entire team.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fathom said:

He might be the best hitting coach ever.  All I know is this team needs some type of change, as they are performing as poorly as they possibly can

Not being able to fix all of the underperforming hitters has been reason enough to fire him even if he isn't telling everyone to swing at garbage, never take pitches, hit everything on the ground, etc.

9 hours ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

I mean, but he's not wrong?

Two years ago he just got here and barely had a chance to install his offensive philosophy.  More importantly, two years ago there was a juiced ball and that allowed for different approaches to be successful.  This is classic Steven Stone water carrying and the dude needs to simply STFU when it comes to his Twitter usage.  I seriously doubt there is another professional sports announcer who spends the bulk of his time ripping his team’s fanbase.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

Even if they bring in a new hitting coach, do people really expect them to drastically change their approaches in the span of like 1 - 1.5 months? The time to change was two months ago, this team is what it is. This off season they all need to be working every day with their conditioning, defense, and at bat approaches instead of coming into the season looking like a clown show .

19 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Not that I put much stock in the tweet, but I lol’d at “if this keeps up.” 

Like it’s not quite bad enough for a change now, they need to see it once more to know for sure.

Its to protect his "image" when it doesnt happen. "The org decided to just wait until the offseason" will be the next tweet when Frank is in the dugout in KC.