Menechino is movable

brijames1957

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I am just glad he finally told them it was OK to walk and hit today.

Being a major league coach is knowing when to approach guys....Frank just figured that time was May 19th.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Oh hay it is Approachable Day according to my Hallmark calendar.

See.  He must have that same calendar.  

BTW, if it isn't on there, write in National Italian Beef day on May 27th.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

May 27th should be a Holiday. Obi-wan and stranger things drop.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chw42 said:

I really don't understand. You need Grandal to come in anyhow. It wouldn't be any different than if he pinch hit Engel for Sheets and Grandal for McGuire. 

3 hours ago, wegner said:

If you have or get the Bouna Beef app they give you a free beef between May 27-30

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Almost universally positive reviews. Everything Everywhere All At The Same Time is definitely the best film of the year so far, though.

I was intrigued by the trailer but not sure....the Dr Strange multiverse disappointed me a bit to be honest so that may be clouding my judgment.

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

We were just at the movies yesterday and I gave a big thumbs down when the Top Gun trailer came on....my wife disagreed with my assessment.

Your wife drink boilermakers while you sip flirtinis bro?

im kidding 

Edited by Jerksticks
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Your wife drink boilermakers while you sip flirtinis bro?

im kidding 

Well I needed to look up flirtini but I read it is not only gorgeous but delicious.....sounds like my wife so I'll try one, bro. 😎

1 hour ago, wegner said:

We were just at the movies yesterday and I gave a big thumbs down when the Top Gun trailer came on....my wife disagreed with my assessment.

How can anyone be against a trailer with that iconic Kenny Loggins song in it?  That's essential soundtrack for those growing up in the 80's, along with Flashdance, Purple Rain and the Rocky movies.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

How can anyone be against a trailer with that iconic Kenny Loggins song in it?  That's essential soundtrack for those growing up in the 80's, along with Flashdance, Purple Rain and the Rocky movies.

Much like I didn't like TLR the first time he was here, I didn't like Top Gun.

Don't like TLR now so I'm not wasting 2-3 hours of my time in the theater.....that's what Sox games are for.

But you enjoy.

27 minutes ago, wegner said:

Don't like TLR now so I'm not wasting 2-3 hours of my time in the theater.....that's what Sox games are for.

But you enjoy.

You're anti-American if you don't like Top Gun, lol. 

Fwiw, I get it.  You don't have four of the main actors from the first film that wasn't all that great to begin with but had one of the best soundtracks and "cool aerial" cinematography for that time period.

Tom Cruise is forever polarizing.  And Val Kilmer has always had a reputation as being one of Hollywood's greatest jerks.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You're anti-American if you don't like Top Gun, lol. 

Fwiw, I get it.  You don't have four of the main actors from the first film that wasn't all that great to begin with but had one of the best soundtracks and "cool aerial" cinematography for that time period.

Tom Cruise is forever polarizing.  And Val Kilmer has always had a reputation as being one of Hollywood's greatest jerks.

I couldn't really argue when my wife countered my argument of I didn't like the first movie with "but the flying stunts should be cool."  Damn she's good at logic.  

2 hours ago, wegner said:

But you enjoy.

Yes, saw it at the movies but didn't like it.

My Top 5 from 1986:

1. Platoon
  2. About Last Night
  3. Hoosiers
  4. At Close Range
  5. Blue Velvet

The veteran "star" players moncada, eloy, abreu and grandal simply need to hit better. 

Tim, robert and vaughn have been quite good but the bottom of the lineup is quite bad and 3 guys hitting well is not enough. 

I think they can turn it around though. Moncada and eloy have been injured and should get better and abreu usually only picks it up in June or so. 

Age is a slight concern with abreu and grandal but I think they will be fine even if they are maybe slightly worse than the last years. 

Grandal and abreu actually have been quite unlucky by statcast xWOBA (albeit you have to consider that the dead ball might make xWOBA slightly more unreliable this year). 

Abreu 286 wOBA, 368 xwoba

Grandal 251 woba, 321 xwoba

Edited by Dominikk85

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, saw it at the movies but didn't like it.

My Top 5 from 1986:

1. Platoon
  2. About Last Night
  3. Hoosiers
  4. At Close Range
  5. Blue Velvet

Talking about a terrific soundtrack...Platoon had that.  Great movie as well.

2 hours ago, wegner said:

Talking about a terrific soundtrack...Platoon had that.  Great movie as well.

I thought Jerry Goldsmith's Soundtrack from Hoosier was the best compliment to the movie, really helped bring one back to the 1950s, and was the best complimentary piece.

That said, the best scene / song pairing was Elias' death in Platoon, as backed by Adagio For Strings.