5/16 Sox @ Royals 7:10PM CT

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm just going to hope you're trolling, and not actually defending giving the fewest at bats in the lineup to one of the three obviously best hitters in the lineup.

Its about finding the right mix to spark something, not just the number of at bats.  The ideal lineup has been failing miserably.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

Its about finding the right mix to spark something, not just the number of at bats.  The ideal lineup has been failing miserably.

No, it actually hasn't because he's almost never put the optimal lineup out there. 

Spark... lol, do you know how you maximize your run production? By giving your best hitters the most at bats. This isn't rocket science.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Proper lineup creation seems like a skill HOF baseball persons seem to forget.

I'm sure once he knows the roster better then the lineups will start to make a lot more sense.

isn't that the excuse his apologists were using last year? you can't expect a manager to come in and know the players and rules of the game. give him some more time.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Vuaghn is hitting last to add diversity to the lineup.  That way somebody will be on base for Tim to knock in.

The same Tim who hits .231 with a 594 OPS, with RISP?

3 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

O.K. Tony haters, post your batting order for tonight's game.  Here is mine.

1.  Anderson 2. Garcia 3. Roberts 4. Vaughn 5. Moncada 6. Grandal 7. Sheets 8. Pollack 9. Engel

Leury because he hits Keller pretty good.  Jose needs to sit.

Well, the fact that you are batting Leury 2nd tells me enough about where your mind is at.  

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, he gone. said:

Tell me I'm wrong ...

a computer algorithm with captains serving as player managers is better than TLR. 

I could write a python program that could do the same thing in about an hour and the lineups would be better.