5/16 Sox @ Royals 7:10PM CT

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Now I see why you like Tony.

Leury Garcia hitting 2nd. some dude named "Roberts" hitting 3rd , and some dude named "Pollack" hitting 8th.

Sorry teacher, I will try to spel bedder.

Garcia, with 30 at bats against Keller , has 10 hits.

I think you would prefer my lineup to Tony's.

5 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

Wow, he might get the double whammy if Tom Brady ends up replacing him at Fox.

Right size, wrong shape.

Tigers, fwiw, have just four guys in lineup at 637 ops or higher.

Torkelson on the verge of being sent down.  Continues to be one of the toughest years in decades for rookies.  J.Pena and now Julio Rodriguez only RoY candidates in AL, along with Joe Ryan.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Putting vaughn 9th means we have our best 4 hitters up consecutively.  Tonight its going to bare a lot of fruit.

The same thing happens if you hit Vaughn 4th. Except this way, Vaughn gets fewer chances to hit and fewer RBI chances.

It might work once. This is dumb enough to be an extra loss if he does it a few times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Putting vaughn 9th means we have our best 4 hitters up consecutively.  Tonight its going to bare a lot of fruit.

Honestly, I envy you. I wish I rooted for a team where I could defend their decisions and see the logic in what they are doing. Must feel good. 

Alas, I root for the White Sox. 

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Robert can't help himself not to swing at fastballs on his hands that aren't close to being a strike.

He gets by with physical talent, but his game plan at the plate is lacking.  I really hate his new stance.

• Like 1