AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Nice job by Robert again. Great starting performance and closing job. First game of a five-game set is big. Sox aren't going to do something disfunctional like lose all five. Now the Sox need to crush KC in both games tomorrow, be up 3-0 in series and go for the five-gamer sweep. Not saying it will happen, but Sox are due to start playing .580 ball instead of .500. KC is a lousy team, fired its hitting coach today and Sox pitchers have no excuses. This is a pathetic opponent. So let's win four or five.

Edited by greg775
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Gutsy win. Shows that the team has potential if it can start to put things together. They’re still like 9-5 in May

Easy to forget this due to 1-3 against the Yankees.  If they can manage to beat the Royals like they should and (god forbid) steal 2 of 3 in NY we will be feeling much better this time next week.

5 minutes ago, Green Line said:

They still look really bad.  However, I've seen so many walkoffs against us in KC I'm honestly shocked it didn't happen.  Maybe this can be a turning point.  The veterans on the team really need to step it up.

I thought they looked pretty decent today. Abreu and Grandahl seem to be turning it around. 2B is still a dark hole offensively 

Just now, elrockinMT said:

I thought they looked pretty decent today. Abreu and Grandahl seem to be turning it around. 2B is still a dark hole offensively 

The homeruns were nice but they still aren't stringing together hits like they should be.

Nice to see Abreu draw 2 walks and get a hit and for Grandal to have 2 hits. Got to see those two start to turn it around.  The team can upgrade 2B at some point if it needs to and even find a back-up catcher to replace McGuire.  Pollock will hopefully come around too (usually he hits when he's healthy so I think he just has to adjust a bit to the league).  I go back to - one win at a time and grind, cause this lineup is too good to stay this bad (I Mean it is crazy how bad they are hitting while still being around .500).  

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Nice to see Abreu draw 2 walks and get a hit and for Grandal to have 2 hits. Got to see those two start to turn it around.  The team can upgrade 2B at some point if it needs to and even find a back-up catcher to replace McGuire.  Pollock will hopefully come around too (usually he hits when he's healthy so I think he just has to adjust a bit to the league).  I go back to - one win at a time and grind, cause this lineup is too good to stay this bad (I Mean it is crazy how bad they are hitting while still being around .500).  

Is that a result of the AL Central being so bad or the White Sox playing better?

We were absolutely crushed by the Yankees.  We have played relatively well against the Rays Angels Mariners and that sweep at Boston certainly stands out.

Eventually the defense will get better when TLR finally starts learning he has to replace Grandal and Vaughn late each and every tight game late.

And the bullpen statistically has to start doing better like the 2021 version after April.

Edited by caulfield12

Kind of, but not really.

Abreu still provides protection, as much as he's been struggling.

Every run counts in that instance, so the risk of putting on Robert with Abreu on deck is that you're down 3 instead of 2.

I personally would have pitched around Robert though.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

-28 differential isn't filling me with warm fuzzy feelings exactly. Offense needs to pick it up.

It's almost the exact opposite of last season. Last year we won by blowing teams out, but blew a lot of close games. This year, we don't blow anyone out and only win close games. 

Our run differential was really good last year because of our blowout wins, but that didn't exactly translate to playoff success.