5/17 Sox @ Royals Game 1 | 1:10PM CT

2 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

You know how 2nd base and right field were the weak spots for the Sox coming into this year?  I think we can add catcher to that list!

We have a good catcher.  He will turn it around.  Has good baseball instincts.

3 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

You know how 2nd base and right field were the weak spots for the Sox coming into this year?  I think we can add catcher to that list!

Yaz was the best hitter on the team last year, I refuse to believe you go from MVP caliber numbers to Madison Bumgarner with the bat just like that.

• Like 2

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Yaz was the best hitter on the team last year, I refuse to believe you go from MVP caliber numbers to Madison Bumgarner with the bat just like that.

Umm. High fWAR but not the best hitter.  Best hitters don't tend to have more walks than hits and under well .200 for the majority of the season.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

See Semien, Marcus.

Pollock was a 3 fWAR guy and looking like he's going to struggle just to get to 0.0 anytime soon.

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The scary thing is that he was destroying the ball last April/May even while his knee was really bothering him. This year he was supposedly healthy entering the season.

You almost hope he's not 100% cause if this is 100%, these next 2 years are gonna be god awful. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Umm. High fWAR but not the best hitter.  Best hitters don't tend to have more walks than hits and under well .200 for the majority of the season.

Yaz had a 159 wRC+ last year. That was best (slightly ahead of Robert) on the team. No one else was even close to those 2 on a per plate appearance basis.

Edited by maxjusttyped

Just now, caulfield12 said:

He hit .240/.420./.520 with a .246 BABIP, he had a monster year no matter how much you want to spin it.

Please score some runs so we don't have to use Hendriks or bring him into some crazy situation.

Hopefully not scoring with all those runners on base has dampened their spirits.  Especially the Kelly inning.  Almost no team recovers from that later in the same game.

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

He hit .240/.420./.520 with a .246 BABIP, he had a monster year no matter how much you want to spin it.

It wasn't a monster year except from a catching standpoint being so offensively challenged.  Very few Sox fans would say he was a better hitter than Robert or even Anderson (last year).

Now obviously Robert only played 68 games so you can say he's not eligible.

Edited by caulfield12

It wasn't a monster year except from a catching standpoint being so offensively challenged.  Very few Sox fans would say he was a better hitter than Robert or even Anderson.

Lol WHAT.  He was not offensively challenged last season.  He basically carried the entire lineup in the second half.

It wasn't a monster year except from a catching standpoint being so offensively challenged.  Very few Sox fans would say he was a better hitter than Robert or even Anderson.

A .940 OPS isn't a monster year? Particularly from a catcher? If you say so.

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

He'll be next on the long list of veterans whose career came here to die.

The better version of this should be "I knew my career was over when I saw Rick Hahn calling"

• Haha 5