5/17 Sox @ Royals Game 2 | 6:10PM CT

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Wasn't a dumb send. Benintendi's arm is not good. Just got a good throw that time. The way this team is hitting, rather chance that with 2 outs.

That's how I see it. 

They remembered that noodle throw he did against use a few weeks back and decided they'd run against him any give chance. 

• Like 1

Like half of the bullpen is on pace to appear in almost 80 games. I criticize Tony constantly, he's a huge negative for this team, but the high leverage guys can't pitch in every game. The offense being so bad makes it impossible to not end up in close games where it's Crick or Banks pitching.

Edited by maxjusttyped
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

You run on Benintendi every chance you get.  He made a throw earlier this year that didn't even make it to the catcher.  He has a 20 arm but somehow uncorked a good throw there.  It was a good send. 

Yep the send was ok, Harrison’s angle wasn’t.  If he had a better turn, that throw might hit him.

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Like half of the bullpen is on pace to appear in almost 80 games. I criticize Tony constantly, he's a huge negative for this team, but the high leverage guys can't pitch in every game. The offense being so bad makes it impossible to not end up in a close games where it's Crick or Banks pitching.

The offense crashing has been truly the source of all this team’s woes

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Like half of the bullpen is on pace to appear in almost 80 games. I criticize Tony constantly, he's a huge negative for this team, but the high leverage guys can't pitch in every game. The offense being so bad makes it impossible to not end up in close games where it's Crick or Banks pitching.

Starting pitching should be able to go longer than TLR is allowing them to go though.

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

If Moncada or Robert lands like that they’re out for the season

Moncada would lay there writhing in pain for 5 minutes and it would appear certain his career was over.  Then he would get up, wal around for a few minutes and stay in the game.  Afterwards it would be announced he has a small abrasion on his finger but he's fine.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Wasn't a dumb send. Benintendi's arm is not good. Just got a good throw that time. The way this team is hitting, rather chance that with 2 outs.

Benintendi's arm and how close he was vs. 2 outs a struggling relief pitcher with Robert up next and Staumont coming in next inning.

If he doesn't send him do the Royals change pitchers to face Robert ?

The out obviously makes it seem dumb especially when he was out by so much.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Just now, fathom said:

Nah, I would say that’s one thing he’s managed well.

I disagree. Today, Cease could have gotten through the inning and there have been other times where the pitchers have looked at him being like, WTF Tony? Then again I think starting pitchers should be able to go 5 to 6 innings at a minimum.