5/17 Sox @ Royals Game 2 | 6:10PM CT

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Moncada and Vaughn have been back for a week. Has it gotten any better? 

They’ve played together a total of two times. They’re 2-0 in those games.  So, yes?

Anyway, my point was that we need to start grooving by optimizing our lineup more than occasionally.  I don’t wish to be drawn into your performance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

And that's coming from a Manager who won a World Series coaching the Sox and as a 3B coach for the World Series winning Marlins.

And?  TLR didn't wave him home.  He was probably in his corner.  Oz can come back and be the 3B coach since he knows so much.

• Fire 1

There is no sense in these arguments. This offense is pathetic and unless they wake up for a consistent stretch of time it won't matter other than raise our blood pressure.

Because the dead ass manager ain't going to do anything and the front office will sit on their hands looking for excuses 

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

And?  TLR didn't wave him home.  He was probably in his corner.  Oz can come back and be the 3B coach since he knows so much.

I never said Tony waved him home, never blamed Tony for that.  I do blame him for resting our players so much so early in the season.  Maybe if he played his best nine for a month we wouldn't be so inconsistent at the plate and would start scoring some runs so we can save our bullpen from being overworked.

36 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Ozzie is right. The manager hires new coaches or retains the coaching staff from the previous regime. Joe McEwing was retained by TLR where he could’ve hired a better 3b coach. The manager also makes up the lineup each game. He hasn’t played a consistent lineup out there the whole year and most of his lineups have been really bad. A team can’t gel or get on a roll with the switching of the lineups each game and playing multiple bench players the same time almost every game. No wonder why they aren’t scoring enough runs. Almost every game so far the bottom half of the lineups have been terrible because TLR is resting the better players way too much and it’s making the rest of the lineup weak. If he would just put one consistent lineup out there instead of babying the players than we wouldn’t be punting these games.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

They’ve played together a total of two times. They’re 2-0 in those games.  So, yes?

Anyway, my point was that we need to start grooving by optimizing our lineup more than occasionally.  I don’t wish to be drawn into your performance.

It's only been 7 games for Moncada so far so too early to say anything about him. 

Vaughn is slumping since his wrist injury. That is concerning. Hopefully he gets it together soon. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

19 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Have you been watching those 16 games?

Yes. Every single one of them, actually. We have gotten some great pitching performances, Robert has been unreal over most of it, TA is being TA at least offensively, and we are 10-6 despite having 5 black holes in the lineup every night. I still believe BABIP is killing this team.

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Yes. Every single one of them, actually. We have gotten some great pitching performances, Robert has been unreal over most of it, TA is being TA at least offensively, and we are 10-6 despite having 5 black holes in the lineup every night. I still believe BABIP is killing this team.

7 of those wins are against the Cubs, Red Sox, and Royals.

• Like 2

Just now, Balta1701 said:

So we are back to “this team will win the central but do nothing in the playoffs”? Or are we still on the “this team can’t even beat bad teams in the central” narrative? People are in such a hurry to bury this team around here I lose track of the rationalizations. 

4 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

So we are back to “this team will win the central but do nothing in the playoffs”? Or are we still on the “this team can’t even beat bad teams in the central” narrative? People are in such a hurry to bury this team around here I lose track of the rationalizations. 

If we are pointing out the 10-6 record by artificially stopping at May 1, then it’s equally fair to add in the caveat that 7 of  the wins were against bad teams. 

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If we are pointing out the 10-6 record by artificially stopping at May 1, then it’s equally fair to add in the caveat that all the wins were against bad teams. 

Ok, but the funny thing is that it was perfectly fine for people on April 30 to decide this team was going absolutely nowhere based on roughly the same sample size of games - and not qualify it at all. I recall people saying things like “trade everyone” and “go into sell mode”. It was ludicrous. And now of course the sixteen games in May mean nothing, only the losses against good teams? Or the losses against bad teams? Or the record in April? 

We are going to play a lot of bad teams this year. We play in a bad division. Maybe if we actually get fully healthy and start hitting more like career norms, which still can be chalked up to sample size and some weather - we will have several more winning streaks- against teams that are good AND bad. 

Edited by Greg Hibbard

5 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Ok, but the funny thing is that it was perfectly fine for people on April 30 to decide this team was going absolutely nowhere based on roughly the same sample size of games - and not qualify it at all. I recall people saying things like “trade everyone” and “go into sell mode”. It was ludicrous. And now of course the sixteen games in May mean nothing, only the losses against good teams? Or the losses against bad teams? Or the record in April? 

We are going to play a lot of bad teams this year. We play in a bad division. Maybe if we actually get fully healthy and start hitting more like career norms, which still can be chalked up to sample size and some weather - we will have several more winning streaks- against teams that are good AND bad. 

But TLR is still the manager

14 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

2021 Record against Playoff Teams: 14-19 (not including 1-3 ALDS)

2022 Record against current Playoff Teams: 5-9 (2-1 Tampa Bay 2-2 Los Angeles Angels 0-3 Minnesota; 1-3 New York Yankees)

8 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

This team getting more & more unlikeable 

TLR never has been the right manager for this club and never will be. They need someone younger, more stronger and someone that knows how the game is played today. Also that can relate to the players we have on this team better.

Edited by maloney.adam

9 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

2021 Record against Playoff Teams: 14-19 (not including 1-3 ALDS)

2022 Record against current Playoff Teams: 5-9 (2-1 Tampa Bay 2-2 Los Angeles Angels 0-3 Minnesota; 1-3 New York Yankees)

To continue the Braves comparison, the WS champs were 31-37 against teams with a winning record.