5/17 Sox @ Royals Game 2 | 6:10PM CT

3 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Sheets and Burger are decent trading pieces, in my opinion. 

Not without big league track records that would show Sheets as anything but a platoon player confined to 1B/DH.

But yeah the Pirates would trade Q for those two, lol.  Although they have Hayes for 3B already.  Vogelbach is pretty similar overall to Sheets in terms of what one might expect out of him.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Imagine. Melendez caught both ends of a DH and still managed to hit the key homer.

Anderson and Abreu couldn't be troubled to come off the bench.

No Royals catcher has done that in 27 years.  And a rookie to boot.

Abreu didn't even have his damn jersey on

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Green Line said:

A year old tweet lol.

Do you realize how irrelevant this is?

A hell of a lot more relevant than "Tony La Russa's HOF credentials" in 2022.

Timmy tweeted because Timmy wanted a game off, not because he is defending Tony. He could give a rats ass about Tony, as he has said on multiple occasions he does whatever the hell he wants to do, and ignores Tony when it's convenient.

Tony also lets Abreu do whatever the hell he wants to do, including playing every single day. Tony jokes Abreu will kick his ass if Tony doesn't obey him, but the daily lineup cards prove otherwise, regardless of whether he is injured, tired, or not performing. With the dysfunctional ownership, they will be managing/playing every single day, for as many years as they damn well please. 

Hell, Abreu may take over as Player Manager in 2032 after Tony passes Connie Mack and finally steps down.

32 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

A hell of a lot more relevant than "Tony La Russa's HOF credentials" in 2022.

Timmy tweeted because Timmy wanted a game off, not because he is defending Tony. He could give a rats ass about Tony, as he has said on multiple occasions he does whatever the hell he wants to do, and ignores Tony when it's convenient.

Tony also lets Abreu do whatever the hell he wants to do, including playing every single day. Tony jokes Abreu will kick his ass if Tony doesn't obey him, but the daily lineup cards prove otherwise, regardless of whether he is injured, tired, or not performing. With the dysfunctional ownership, they will be managing/playing every single day, for as many years as they damn well please. 

Hell, Abreu may take over as Player Manager in 2032 after Tony passes Connie Mack and finally steps down.

I can't imagine how low the attendance for THAT game would be.

Worse than if you had Bevington and Ventura and Manuel signing autographs as a promotion.  Can throw Torborg and Lamont in there if still kicking.  

5 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I don’t know if the Sox offense will get good.  I know the Sox lineup without Moncada, Eloy or Vaughn is not good.  I just don’t understand how we keep running these lineups out there when we need to get into some kind of rhythm.

I don’t understand why Leury never rests.

5 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I never said Tony waved him home, never blamed Tony for that.  I do blame him for resting our players so much so early in the season.  Maybe if he played his best nine for a month we wouldn't be so inconsistent at the plate and would start scoring some runs so we can save our bullpen from being overworked.

Leury never rests.  We rest the players we need the most.

8 hours ago, Green Line said:

If someone else buys the team they'll probably relocate it out of Chicago.  JR's loyalty to this city will be hard to replicate.

The Sox will not relocate with a change in ownership. JR got his stadium, that is why he stayed.

Do you think maybe all the line-up changes are part of the reason this team can't find it's mojo?  Everyday seems to bring another head scratching line-up and the players don't know on any given day where their batting in the line-up.   I don't believe Tony has played the same line-up on consecutive days let alone leaving them in the same position and batting order for at least a week.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp.

58 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Do you think maybe all the line-up changes are part of the reason this team can't find it's mojo?  Everyday seems to bring another head scratching line-up and the players don't know on any given day where their be batting in the line-up.   I don't believe Tony has played the same line-up on consecutive days let alone leaving them in the same position and batting order for at least a week.

Yes it’s because he keeps changing the lineup everyday and resting his best players too much. They aren’t scoring enough runs because the bottom half of the lineups are terrible. He also needs to stop playing Leury and Harrison the same game. They are more like utility or bench type players in case a starter goes down or if they don’t have any other option at a specific position because of injuries. Just play one of Harrison or Garcia at 2b everyday and keep the other on the bench in case they need a pinch hitter late in the game or a sub and that’s it. It weakens the lineup when they have both out there at the same time. For the outfield, they should just keep Pollock in LF until Eloy comes back, Robert in CF and Engel in RF. Sheets and Vaughn aren’t outfielders. Just rotate Vaughn and Abreu at 1B/DH with Sheets as the DH sporadically to relieve both of them but don’t play Sheets at 1B. Don’t play Grandal at DH or 1B either. Just rotate him at C with McGuire. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Highland said:

The Sox will not relocate with a change in ownership. JR got his stadium, that is why he stayed.

I guess JR got his stadium. It's hard to find a 'best baseball parks' survey or list that ranks Guaranteed Rate (ridiculous name IMO), out of the bottom 5 or 6.  Depending on who it is, they may not care about the stadium one way or another.

Edited by FoxForce2

11 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Sheets and Burger are both negative WAR players.  Why would a team trade for them when they can just use their own bad players. 

Every org has a Burger and a Sheets.  They are a dime a dozen AAAA guys that can be had for nothing every off-season.    No team is trading anything of value for that. 

• Fire 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Can I get a response on this @Green Line?  Or you stumped?  

He makes the players very comfortable so they perform well.  The older you are the less you need to worry about performance thus the better you will perform. 

The veterans are leading this team and showing the way for the younger players under Tony's guidance.

Not a single word of that is true but that is the clubhouse Tony has created.  

The older you are the more you will paly because the experience will guide you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

He makes the players very comfortable so they perform well.  The older you are the less you need to worry about performance thus the better you will perform. 

The veterans are leading this team and showing the way for the younger players under Tony's guidance.

Not a single word of that is true but that is the clubhouse Tony has created.  

The older you are the more you will paly because the experience will guide you.

All he has guided this team to is underperforming, a clear lack of preparation and often bringing focus to the team for all the wrong reasons.  Not to mention he is just a wholly unlikeable character.  The TLR signing has been a flop of epic proportions.  Every game he makes boneheaded decisions.  Even small ones that many fans wouldn't notice.  Its almost like he knows what the right choice is, but he does the opposite just for funsies.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

I guess JR got his stadium. It's hard to find a 'best baseball parks' survey or list that ranks GTR out of the bottom 5 or 6.  Depending on who it is, they may not care about the stadium one way or another.

Not to derail the thread, but I have a hard time believing the Sox move anywhere while making money as the 2nd team in the 3rd largest market while the A’s and Rays languish in far worse markets.  A new owner isn’t moving this team without serious risk to their new hefty investment.   A new stadium is a different story, but I also can’t think of a better parcel of land to build on than the empty lot where old Comiskey once stood.  The White Sox aren’t moving anywhere in this day and age. 

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Not to derail the thread, but I have a hard time believing the Sox move anywhere while making money as the 2nd team in the 3rd largest market while the A’s and Rays languish in far worse markets.  A new owner isn’t moving this team without serious risk to their new hefty investment.   A new stadium is a different story, but I also can’t think of a better parcel of land to build on than the empty lot where old Comiskey once stood.  The White Sox aren’t moving anywhere in this day and age. 

Just to clarify, I'm not thinking about new ownership moving the Sox and not making a case that they would. I'm simply stating that the stadium is a non-issue in such a case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

All he has guided this team to is underperforming, a clear lack of preparation and often bringing focus to the team for all the wrong reasons.  Not to mention he is just a wholly unlikeable character.  The TLR signing has been a flop of epic proportions.  Every game he makes boneheaded decisions.  Even small ones that many fans wouldn't notice.  Its almost like he knows what the right choice is, but he does the opposite just for funsies.    

And it was all very predictable when word first broke he was coming back.  We could see it coming and simply had to do our best to brace for impact.  He’s a train wreck, and there’s no light at the end of that tunnel thanks to the chairman. 

• Thanks 1