5/17 Sox @ Royals Game 2 | 6:10PM CT

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Spend years losing baseball games on purpose, draft someone to be your 2nd basemen of the future, and then trade him away with the plan being to replace him with utility infielders

brilliant strategy all around

Madrigal has been terrible and injured this year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Spend years losing baseball games on purpose, draft someone to be your 2nd basemen of the future, and then trade him away with the plan being to replace him with utility infielders

Just a reminder 

image.png

• Like 3

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

He will never play a full season. Once they realized he wasn't going to be the future dumping him wasn't a bad move. 

Just now, FoxForce2 said:

In the end the Sox got Pollock for Madrigal and Heuer. I draw a blank when I try to evaluate that.

Said it early in the season, Kimbrel will still end up being the best piece of what turned out to be a 3 way trade. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

He will never play a full season. Once they realized he wasn't going to be the future dumping him wasn't a bad move. 

That's fine, but their plan A at 2nd base has been to go with utility infielders since the trade deadline of last year. First it was Cesar and now it's Josh Harrison. It was immediately evident neither guy is good enough to start on what's supposed to be a WS contender.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean we don't have a starting caliber 2B on the roster.

I’d far rather see Leury play 2B. 40% of Harrison’s appearances have also been at 3B. But yeah. At this point you kinda have to try Yolbert, even with his slight cool off lately.