5/17 Sox @ Royals Game 2 | 6:10PM CT

Our offense is painfully bad. Hard to watch 

If I’m counting correctly it’s been only 8 out of 35 games the team has scored 5 or more runs so far.

3 of the 8 were in the 1st 5 games. 

2 of the 8 were in extra innings.

3 of the 8 were losses. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Love listening to Benetti talk about the value teams get from optimized lineup construction or shifts when the Sox manager is Tony LaRussa

I loved it when he said, "it also depends on your manager". I think we all know what Jason was thinking. 

• Thanks 2

I'm sure Martin doesn't care about getting a win, it's a meaningless stat after all.  But it would mean a lot to his mom. Let's score some runs for the guy. 

• Like 3

Martin currently 0-1 with a 1.8 era for his MLB career. 

As they were congratulationing him he should have been saying next time I'm bringing some hitters.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Just got home…the numbers look great, but how did the stuff look?

I thought he looked very good. 9 whiffs on 18 sliders thrown is excellent. The fastball played nicely and he commanded it well. Hung a few change-ups and got beat on one but otherwise there were no issues. I was impressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I thought he looked very good. 9 whiffs on 18 sliders thrown is excellent. The fastball played nicely and he commanded it well. Hung a few change-ups and got beat on one but otherwise there were no issues. I was impressed.

Thanks!  Great to hear the stuff matched the results!

Too bad this offense sucks a fat you know what.