5/18 Sox @ Royals | 7:10PM CT

Spumoni

Lucas Giolito vs. Zack Greinke

Let's hope this team can put something together against an ancient Greinke and take the series.  Lucas should at least give us a shot, we've won his last two.

Someone else may need to post the lineup when it comes out, looking like a hectic work day for me.

• Capn12 pinned this topic

SS- ANDERSON

CF- ROBERT

3B- MONCADA

1B- VAUGHN

DH- ABREU/GRANDAL/SHEETS

C- GRANDAL/McGUIRE

LF POLLOCK

RF ENGEL

2B HARRISON/LEURY

It's not that hard Tony, play them don't rest them until we are well over .500

You are only allowed to alter the DH, 2B and C, but let the rest of them play for 14-30 games without a rest.

Edited by A-Train to 35th

This team has made me something worse than annoyed and that's apathetic. Even when they win you just scratch your head as to how this team has fallen off a cliff to where they are sweating out these games. Hard to look past the struggles when they are playing like this since last year's ASB. Feels bad man

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

This team has made me something worse than annoyed and that's apathetic. Even when they win you just scratch your head as to how this team has fallen off a cliff to where they are sweating out these games. Hard to look past the struggles when they are playing like this since last year's ASB. Feels bad man

It actually has felt bad since the day Tony was re-hired, the bewilderment and taste in my mouth has only grown every day this shell of a man is allowed to manage a MLB team.

I was ok with giving him the benefit of the doubt at first, but it has only gotten worse every game he's allowed to manage. Tony only wants the players to "like" him.  He won't sit them for not hustling or do anything to hurt their ego's or inject some life into the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flavum said:

2021 Braves games played-

Freeman, 159 

Swanson and Riley, 160

Albies, 156

Worked out ok for them.

I made this point a couple weeks ago in a gamethread. 

What are the odds we have the most optimal lineup out there tonight? 22%?

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

It actually has felt bad since the day Tony was re-hired, the bewilderment and taste in my mouth has only grown every day this shell of a man is allowed to manage a MLB team.

I was ok with giving him the benefit of the doubt at first, but it has only gotten worse every game he's allowed to manage. Tony only wants the players to "like" him.  He won't sit them for not hustling or do anything to hurt their ego's or inject some life into the team.

They won 93 games last year under Tony.  TLRDS  (Tony LaRussa Derangement System)

You think, maybe, the problem could be this team can't hit a lick?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MikeKreevich said:

They won 93 games last year under Tony.  TLRDS  (Tony LaRussa Derangement System)

You say that like they shouldn't have won more with the talent they had. Or you know, won a playoff series?

8 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

The team had a better winning percentage in 2020 and lost in the first round of the playoffs, just like with Tony. The manager got fired. Everyone knew it was the correct move. Then they bring in this guy because JR wants to right what he considers a personal wrong. He may have done himself a solid, but he wronged his team, his management staff, and all the fans.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You say that like they shouldn't have won more with the talent they had. Or you know, won a playoff series? 

The talent isn't what we thought it was.  Eloy is a bust, Moncada is looking that way too, Abreu's age has caught up with him quickly.  Who else is left?  Is TA, Robert, and Grandal supposed to carry the entire team?  There are 6 other lineup spots to fill and they all suck.  You have Vaughn who has looked shaky lately but overall been a bright spot. 

• Like 1

Last time out the White Sox got 5 hits and 3 runs off Greinke in 6 innings, including a Burger home run. 

Lucas hasn't faced Kansas City yet this year but somehow he had a 5.57 ERA against KC in 2021 in 4 outings. Hard to believe their offense can put up those kind of numbers against him especially with Perez out.

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

The talent isn't what we thought it was.  Eloy is a bust, Moncada is looking that way too, Abreu's age has caught up with him quickly.  Who else is left?  Is TA, Robert, and Grandal supposed to carry the entire team?  There are 6 other lineup spots to fill and they all suck.  You have Vaughn who has looked shaky lately but overall been a bright spot. 

That's just it.  I see an entire team under-performing, and giving some of the worst defensive production I have ever seen from a team with World Series aspirations, under a manager who was supposed to have everyone playing "the right way", and it seems WAAAAY too coincidental to all be happening at once.  Jose Abreu talking about leaving.  Tim Anderson playing defense worse than he did as a rookie.  Almost every single hitter we have is having one of their worst starts ever.  The pen is just a dumpster fire, even the guys who have histories of pitching well are having extremely bad outings way more often than their histories would indicate they should.

You see this as 26 coincidences.  I see it as 1.  Why is everyone failing all at once?  This is literally Tony's job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, flavum said:

2021 Braves games played-

Freeman, 159 

Swanson and Riley, 160

Albies, 156

Worked out ok for them.

They also weren't over .500 for good until August last year. Should the Sox strive for that as well?

• Capn12 unpinned this topic